Innovation is a far superior player to trap

Title says it all. Trap shoudnt have won any game if blizzard made this game fair. The level of play from Innovation was incredibly technical and high level. Trap was completely outclassed but protoss carried him to still get off some wins off one of the best player in the world. Disgraceful. How long will you allow protoss to disrespect this game?

8 Likes

Let me get this straight.

Trap and Innovation have both been playing since the 2011-2012 Proleague.
They’re the same age.
They had a very close series that could have went either way.

However, your logic is that Innovation is far better than Trap for… What exactly?

4 Likes

How do those things have to do with anything? Just watch how they play, trap floats more money, has worst macro and has worst micro (mostly because he’s protoss so he never had to micro anything besides blink stalkers). The problem is terran has to end the game in the mid game but then protoss has the luxury to either turtle which makes the terran die when he pushes or go all in yourself which also makes the terran dies when he push.

2 Likes

Trap and Innovation trade series all the time and have for years.

Terran pros aren’t better than Protoss pros just because they play Terran lol

6 Likes

quite literally yes. Terran players had to play with a handicap for years so they are straight up superior players…

3 Likes

Honestly trap is an insanely good player. Although im the first to make these threads when a protoss gets a free win, trap is crazy good and it would be a shame if he didnt go to Ro4 imo.

Okay bud

:slight_smile:

You keep telling yourself that.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/wpOiKMQ.png

Gm league… LUL…

1 Like

lol apm as a skill metric

1 Like

Innovation is actually slightly disfavored vs Trap. So a close but losing series was to be expected. I go into more detail here.

If Protoss are equally skilled, why do they rate lower in every skill metric in the game? APM, spending skill, epm, screen movements, etc.

If you think having lower skill metrics doesn’t mean they are inferior players, then you shouldn’t object if we redesign Terran and Zerg to require lower skill metrics? You don’t care if Zerg and Terran require 25% less APM, right? I mean, APM doesn’t measure skill so you definitely can’t object to lowering the APM requirements for T/Z.

because protoss units are slow, cost a lot of money, and less numerous. This translates to less units to control, less production input, more float due to warpgate mechanics and expensive units, and overall less army micro due to less microability of units.

Lastly, battle tactics makes a much bigger difference than all of the above assuming same league.

2 Likes

Not exatly, but when you see othe player is sitting at home and drilling his nose - and still wins… something is wrong. There are couple High GM Protos with 250-300 apm, but no Terran and Zerg under ~350-450

I guess you haven’t seen the gm turtle terrans that amoves with mech.

You are stucked in Goody era. Mech is viable in lower leagues against Zerg, but definitely not against Toss.

it’s definitely viable now that tanks soft counter immortals and thors counter tempests and carriers. and like I said, they exist in gm

1 Like

Tanks soft counters Immortals is what? 5 Tanks for 1 Immortal? Looks a good deal. Its like Mutas counters Phoenixes

There’s no hardenned shields anymore, immortals get outscaled hard. Also keep in mind the unit compositions, hellbats/hellions will destroy anything in the front line and tanks immortal shots quite well.

2 Likes

You have missed the current Goody era.

https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/17747221

Less than 150 apm and he is GM, maybe not top, but GM. I noticed him not long ago in some P stream, I think he was playing against Harstem or Rotti, I don’t remember. It was strange seeing a GM terran doing mech against P, and then I saw the name…Goody, then everything made sense.

Which means less skilled. Micro is easier with fewer units. Production is easier with fewer units. Being able to float more resources is also easier production.

So if a protoss has the same rank despite lower metrics, he is less skilled by comparison.

1 Like