In Utter Darkness not available though archives

Having previously completed all campaigns, i was going back through archives playing levels to complete the new 10th anniversary achievements, but found that the mission “In Utter Darkness” does not exist within the archives. I have 100% achievement completion previously (from first two playthroughs years ago), so i have done that level before, but now it’s not available and archives is saying i’m 24/25 completed with no option to go back and do that one mission. Would rather not have to start a new campaign from scratch and play long enough to get back to that one level halfway through game just for a single achievement, any way to fix this?

The archives in WoL work differently than the Master Archives of the other xpacs. In WoL, the archive will show you only what you completed on your last play through.

So even though you may have played and completed In Utter Darkness at some point in the past, you didn’t on your last play through.

1 Like

is there no way to get it, short of starting an entire new campaign? it is a main storyline quest, so it should have been completed regardless (one of the 4 prophecy mission).

Only if you have a saved game (before going to Char) available somewhere. Otherwise, there’s no way to unlock it from the archives that you’re looking at.

Not every mission is required to complete the campaign (it’s something around only 19 missions). The main story line is made up of the first three , the Artifact (Tychus’) missions , and the final three.

The Protoss missions aren’t part of the main story line. The campaign can actually be completed without doing any of them.

1 Like

Please note, that judging by that 24/25 in your archives you’re also missing the secret mission (Piercing the Shroud). You need that one too if you want ALL Anniversary achievements! So if you end up starting a new campaign and want all new achievements, you need to unlock the secret mission in Media Blitz.