Improving Swann: Cyclones (Feat. Science Vessels)

Their speed is amazing, 4.73!
I know it will affect Amon’s Cyclones but that problem can easily be by upgrades. I hope that the developers can implement bonus speed in the upgrade.

They are pretty good when you need to move around and dodge effects while DPSing. iirc, you can also kill a Propagator with 1 Cyclone or something like that. Maybe 2 to make it not take too long.

In my experience, Cyclone/Hellion combo is usually an A-move army with some Lock-ons, so it kinda negates some of the features of the unit.

It can outrange structure defense as well as siege units like Tanks and Liberators (provided vision) once Lock-on is established.

The problem with them compared to other units is that they don’t scale well. Because they are big an bump into each-other, you can’t safely get enough Lock-on’s without risking your front line of Cyclones. Unless you have 300 APM maybe I guess and Shield all the front line first with Science Vessel. I’ve tried it and it works to a certain extend but is prone to too many errors in execution. To solve this, I think you might need to double the price of the Cyclone while giving it 2 Lock-Ons maybe. Or shrink the unit to the size of a Hellion.