I'm having fun with SC2

Hey guys, just want to say as a pretty low level sc2 player (gold 1 atm) having returned to the game a couple months ago, I’m having so much fun 1v1. Initially PvZ feels overwhelming - a beefy roach ravager push i find pretty hard to deal with (and I put a rant post about protoss on here) but I’m playing more and trying to find solutions and having a lot of fun.
I’ve won a few games against zerg now with almost zergy behaviour (11 gates pumping out oodles of upgraded gateway units which is very satisfying) even though I still die to a good zerg. A few other effective strategies too. Using recall has helped me alot, as has increasing my army creating+expansion rate and unit producing structures. Being able to go toe to toe with a large zerg army is exciting - and even though terran have a bunch of cheese-ish units/techniques I already had some strategies (but the force of a small bio army with stim is still very difficult to deal with if its early enough).
I like the patch notes that came out in the last day or two and how that was humbly communicated by the balance team. In short I’m having a lot of fun, like alot, every game is playing out differently, and I respect that hopefully I can understand the balance as I get better. Its terrific bliz continues to develop and support sc2.

3 Likes

Welcome back! Congrats on gold - I’m glad you’re having fun!

2 Likes