Idea for Combat shields

I don’t mean to be a negative Nancy or anything. I love where TvP is right now, very fun to watch, though I’m noticing that more and more, the supposed power spike from combat shields and stim is kinda nonexistent, especially against Protoss.

I think that combat shields should be 200/250 and should cancel out 60-75% of splash, or maybe area damage insteadfrom all sources. I think it could severely mess up TvT, due to siege tank damage getting reduced, and it would help a push for Terran bio against HT or Archons in TvP.

What trolling please. Why 60 to 75%???

SO MUCH?!!!

Why don’t you start with reductoin of 10 to 15%, that’s already making differences quite alot in terms of balance.

THE GAME IS QUITE BALANCED in small scales, so any shift onto the other side ~ a disbalance ~ can quickly “make the stick fall” and it would look absolutely imbalanced .

A far example is how some pros make other pros look like super noobs, when they outplay them with just small advantages, I think you could really see this in WoL in GSL back then. Almost similar fights, but someone else controlled
-> it big difference (games were quite similiar back then, but the result not).

!!!

As an anectdote, even +1 damage can strongly turn the balance, when suddenly you don’t need 3 shots but 2 shots…(…)
So ~10% damage difference making it a 33% advantage, or even turn into a 50% disadvantage when you look from the other side (-1 damage)!!!

That would be way too powerful

1 Like