I wish we could que Brutal+2 and onward

On some of my commanders I have gotten so good at brutal+1 that I can often carry games. So I sometimes find myself wanting to do brutal+2 and onward. The problem is that it sometimes be fairly difficult and time consuming to find people to que with brutal+2 and higher. Not everyone always wants to do the specific difficulty you want and some people don’t like maps that you like or can sometimes only play for 1 or 2 games.

Now I realize that allowing anyone to que for brutal+2 and onward could lead to a lot of people queing who can’t handle the level of difficulty. I think the solution to that is to simply have a ranking system for coop. Everyone has a score. When they get x amount of wins to losses they move up a league and can que for higher level mutators. Weeklies would remain unaffected by this.

But what do you think? Would this be a good idea?

Ofc., the usual disclaimer of “nobody’s working on coop anymore”. That out of the way…
These rating/ranking systems just aren’t all that. Much of it is too much dependent on getting good allies (seriously, the right allies can take you far), or getting lucky with the correct settings (COs, masteries, prestiges, all of the previous for your allies, comps, missions, annd mutators).

I guess you can count it as a win if you retry and win, but some people aren’t interested in “Retry+”. I’ve ran into a couple of people who agree to retry, but they just do a brand new Brutal+(1) game (evidently, they’re not aware the Retry option retains all the same parameters, but lets you pick new COs, prestiges, and masteries

If we want B+2, I’d say just keep the same requirements for B+… you need to have gotten to blue/talent lv15. To up it, you can change it to minimal level of mastery points, although I hesitate to have this since things can get fragmented :\

1 Like

Thats true too. Though it would be easier to find someone to retry a brutal+5 with if we could actually que for brutal+5. Of course coop is no longer being worked on. But I still think this is worth discussing on the off chance development ever is picked up on the game.

1 Like