I wish gg meant something again

Getting a gg after 12 pooling someone randomly on the ladder, doing something that doesn’t require skill and is very efficient. When someone types gg to me after such game I feel bad about it. It nullifies the meaning of every other gg I had to work for, It’s cringe. Good game right? And that one was garbage. Is there something I’m missing or are we using words for the sake of it without a thought behind them?
Or more importantly when have you ever felt something after getting a gg, the form of congrats, I personally feel nothing but notice the boring procedure repeated for the 100000000 + time. Honestly now only thing that is getting a reaction is the lack of gg, that the content creators love to mock people for. Isn’t it that now it just became toxic, that we only react when someone doesn’t do it to make fun of it and we never feel positivity coming from someone congratulating us on our game? Personally I always type gg but I don’t feel it really, I would love my gg to have a meaning other than being a formula.

Maybe if you feel bad about getting a GG for 12 pooling, you should stop 12 pooling. Do something you’re proud of.

2 Likes

GG these days do tend to just have that feel of ‘GIT GUD PUNK’ or like super Sarcasticly, in clearly 1 sided matches or just cheese play, Like when a smurf beats up on a lower ranked player clearly out played him and is like ‘yeah GG!’ i know voices dont go though very well or sarcasm but you can totaly read that as ‘OH that guy is just being an ahole’

1 Like