I need to be able to block more players. Raise the limit

I need to be able to block more players. I’ve hit the limit. Please raise it. Much higher.

When I block players in chat, it should also prevent those players from being able to join my games (if it doesn’t already do that).

Nobody seems to have anything good to say about chat in these forums. It’s a vulgar cesspool full of trolls, generally speaking. Its only utility is identifying players to avoid and until I can block more players, it’s not even good for that.

1 Like

General chat is too much politics for me so I just turn it off, why not try that. Also, there’s no way to prevent matching in co-op with specific players.

Being nasty is just plain wrong. Comments like that are the reason sites need to have policies on hate speech, etc.

4 Likes

Oh look, a troll is here. How lovely. “Let me come into this conversation that doesn’t affect me, attack the person, then get surprised when they and others defend them.”

It’s the equivalent of walking into a peaceful bar, and trying to get into fights with the patrons out of nowhere.

It’s one thing to have thick skin, it’s another when someone starts personally insulting you.

Reported so the bouncers can throw you out.

Uhm. How is this related to coop missions again?

2 Likes

As for you, OP, here’s a solution: unblock some people so you have room to block new ones. I bet you don’t even remember the reason why you blocked 90% of them anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OP is probably trolling by posting this or just plain ignorant that SC2 is already in maintenance mode for a couple of years now, also this topic only has the tiniest relation to coop at all since they’re about chat channels.

I don’t like being mean to people in general but ignorant and arrogant posts like this one will just have nasty replies coming to them.

A black cat went past us, and then another that looked just like it.

1 Like

They cant silence me, lmao.

They just did. Again, Blizzard’s forums, Blizzard’s rules. You’re free to start your own message forums where you can say whatever you want. [shrug] (although these such forums usually just end up the other side deleting messages that the first side kept going on about)

You’d be surprised. We get a fair number of newcomers, and those who’ve been on hiatus for a few years.

How do you turn off chat? I’d love to be able to just turn off everyone sometimes in a game where there’s just too much chatting and it ruins my concentration. Rather than squelch each individual person would like to just be able to turnoff chat entirely for the rest of that game with a simple command or in the menus.

/leave “Channel Name”
That way you can turn off the General chat politics.

In-game is different and I don’t know of a general way to block everyone, probably because it’s usually not a good idea to miss your allies sharing their plans. Just block individuals then unblock after the game. If there’s too much chatting then perhaps you’re in large team games, and that sort of thing is normal.

That’s useless.

Yea seems like a simple feature Bliz dropped the ball on not having an on/off chat button for games. Glad they were able to include 1000 languages including cyborg though…that was a very useful feature.

They only why to block all chat is to set up parental controls.

Dumb that would be the best solution. Just want a way to hit a button and turn off chat for the duration of a single game/map. Doesn’t seem that difficult for a mediocre tech company to have implemented. Hit the in game players button then have a toggle on/off for chat.

It’s not really a matter difficulty, or dropping the ball, etc. It’s a matter of philosophy. You are playing a social game on a social gaming service. What’s more, you are playing the game’s cooperative game mode.

3 Likes

You’re still barking up the wrong tree. This is the coop missions forum and your issue would be better put on bug/support forum and second, the game’s been put on maintenance mode for more or less 3 years now so nobody will be able to cater to your demands unless a majority of the player base complains about it. So either deal with it or find another RTS that caters to your needs; maybe you could bring this up to the stormgate devs while they’re still developing it.

Yep. And it will never happen. In all the time Ive played coop, the number of times that my partner was the initiator of a negative exchange, I could count on two hands. So its not a problem with normal people. Plus, 99% of the time nothing is ever said at all.

Honestly tho, in a two player game where YOU are one of them, how much chat is there really going to be that it distracts someone. Sounds to me like youre an instigator encites the only other person to come at you hard.

Edit. By YOU i mean the necromancer, not the one i quoted.

3 Likes

This guy is just probably a troll or a major Karen. He keeps complaining about stuff like he’s gonna buy Blizzard or something. Walk the Walk, I say.

Amen. Looking at his history there obviously is a common denominator in all his problems.

My philosophy is that life is better when I separate myself from the vulgar and willfully stupid. Blizzard already implemented the block feature. It’s part of their philosophy, too. They just underestimated the number of people in chat who fall into those categories. I’m not asking Blizzard to censor the trolls, I just want a way to block more of them myself. If I can block one, why not a thousand? The trolls are free to continue to troll each other if they want. I do not care. I agree that the majority of people are fine outside of chat. I rarely have trouble in game. I was told by support to post this request in the forums and this category is the closest one I found. Most days I do join a private channel, but blocking trolls is a better solution, especially if it would block them from joining my co-op or arcade games, too.