I have 1 question

where are all the protoss players at? on the contender list there are only 39 of them in the top 200 in the US

They likely quit after the 300 mineral change to CC’s because they don’t realize the economy is still super broken in Protoss’ favor (at least in PvT) with the chrono boost/fast building gateway dynamic. They got sick of losing to zerg in this patch after always winning against zerg in 5.0.15. Either that or they switched to Zerg. They certainly did not switch to Terran.

Also, ladder is a joke and always has been. A huge number of top ladder players are literal drop hackers from outside of North America. I was watching a stream with HeroMarine and it happened in one game as he was being stream sniped by presumably some Korean drop hacker which forced HeroMarine to log off with his ladder account and play lower level players on his non-ladder account. This is similar to fully infiltrated and demoralized western countries where citizens will get arrested for making a racist comment after someone from another country who is an illegal immigrant in your country stabs you to death (Henry Nowak in England) or else tries to steal your belongings with your infant in tow (Shiloh Hendrix). It is called anarcho-terrorism where subversive politicians allow criminals and imported terrorists to run free and hurt innocent people and only prosecute people who actually defend themselves, especially with regards to violent crimes like rape and murder. The Bolsheviks pioneered this tactic in the early days of the Soviet Union. Pretty much your only option when things get this bad is to decide if it is better to be judged by 12 or carried by 6.

1 Like

Protoss was complaining about Terrans. Zerg was complaining about Terrans and Protoss. Terrans was complaining but it doesn’t matter because they are Terrans. So Terrans got nerfed to the ground and zerg buffed to the sky. Terran players mostly left the game because of imbalance - however due to overbuffs with zergs protoss went heavily behind too and eventually left aswell. Thats very simple.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True. Protoss never complained about Zerg because every tournament was won by Protoss. Zerg didn’t win a thing. (Okay, except Serral. But Serral is Serral - he’s one of a kind. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

So, in conclusion, they trusted the Zerg and Protoss complaints, but they didn’t trust the Terran whining - and the logical move was to :


But I did not said I agree. Because how they did is really not ok.
So I am in the majority who wants to revert this last patch.

Depending what you mean exactly but protoss won the least amount of premier tournaments.

Zerg won the most premier tournaments. Even if you count serral out, zerg still won the most. There are 5 zergs in top10 ranking of earnings.

1 Like

Sincerely I did not follow all competitions , but here were a lot of threads that Protoss won everything.
I will try to find link,.

Because there are no real premier tournaments anymore. Most zerg pros dont sign up to smaller cups and thats all we had. If there Was a bigger cup then zerg players showed up and had a good representation.

Also, people love to whine about protoss for about 30 years by now. It has always been a Thing in starcraft but doesnt matter if they are actually too strong or not.

2 Likes

Here they are. I do not understand why the second thread was closed, but that explained very well the history.

LE: actually now I remembered why it was closed, due to some bad analogy’s.

But @Adventurer - pointed out some interesting facts about win rates! - Kudos Adventurer!

So? I can also post links about how people here whine about zergs. There are so many people that whine about everything. But what does that tell us ?

I think you did not have time to fully read them in those 2 minutes – especially the second one.
@Adventurer - explained using math some interesting facts - why Protoss is favoured and win mostly.

The idea is not just to post something “how people whine” - but it is to argue with facts, use math and statistics, and also take human psychology into account.

Yet the facts tell us that historically zerg won the most amount of money (even excluding serral) and protoss won the least amount of Money.

Also yikers @adventurer. That guy is someone called tehbatz or thebatz or just batzy. Nowadays more known as slammerisonline. He is known for trolling and twisting facts. The guy doesnt have a good reputation and is banned on starcraft reddit. He is famous for stating that zerg is the hardest race because they normally have the most apm. He states that zerg is underpowered because statistically a 200 apm zerg is masters while a 200 apm toss would be grandmasters. Which really is neither scientific or rational.

That aside. Where actually is the good Analysis of Him? All i can see is him stating that energy recharge is better than amulet. Which is obviously hilariously false as amulet let every Ht warp in with storm being castable. Even in the frontline. Even in the enemy base. Your hts all got emp’ed? Doesnt matter warp in some ht and you still have storm.

2 Likes

The problem is most of these statistics are manipulated into being lies.

Additionally, if you actually read this user’s posts from either of the threads, I cannot understand how you can possibly take them seriously.

Multiple pages of bragging instead of arguments, repeated distracting from arguments when they do exist, constant derailing and obvious trolling, extreme perpetual sexism?

The argumentation is just bad.

2 Likes

Just to clarify what I said: I was referring specifically to the statistics about Protoss win rates. I said I liked the way Adventurer presented those statistics and found the mathematical analysis interesting.

I am not interested in discussing other aspects: including some bad examples + sexism or his activity on reddit, neither his personal gaming achievements.

The stuff they type out genuinely reads like an AI prompt. It’s nuts lol.

2 Likes

I agree that the statistics are interesting. Stats are usually either “as expected” or “interesting”; and there’s a lot to be drawn from them or expounded upon.

Unfortunately, the stats were not used in a “hey, these statistics are weird”; the statistics were used as part of an argument. They were manipulated to be part of a narrative.

The majority of the analysis performed on those statistics was to deceive and prop up illusions of problems because there was a specific thing that the poster believed.

When calling the nature of argument into question, the user’s response was as stated, the user immediately fell into rancid habits. Therefore, the trustworthiness of the performed analysis is questionable.

I am not interested in the other aspects, but they are an important lens that colours the presentation of those statistics and the argument they are used for.

Like, I didn’t go anywhere else. He made those posts with the titanic walls of sexism and off topic drivel in the middle of plenty of threads. They weren’t “sometimes” things, they were constant.

2 Likes

I remember seeing that in the TL website recently and I was shocked because I somehow always thought Terrans would come out for most earnings.

I dunno I just seem to always see vs Terran players, but total games doesn’t always mean total wins…