I dont understand the thinking behind the new changes

I’m not sure I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing in regards to the new patch.

It seems pretty universally agreed upon, besides a few holdouts, that the infestor/nydus needs to be toned back. So why are they doing lateral changes rather than a straight nerf or redesign? Mass infestor is clearly an issue across multiple comps (queen/infestor, bl/infestor) so why not a more direct nerf overall? They’re getting buffed elsewhere (lurker) so I figure a more direct nerf to nydus/infestor would be safe no?

Zerg casters have been very strong/frustrating for a long time. The same goes with the nydus and swarm host. They changed the ghost but that’s counter play which is much harder to pull off reliably. The game has not only gotten frustrating for me to play as P or T but watching isn’t as good either IMO.

The other changes seem to be sort of random too considering how things have been going, why the zealot/adept changes? Anyone have any idea what the logic is here? Really wish they’d move away from gimmicks and big spells like tac jump, nydus, and heavy duty casters.

1 Like

I think there’s going to be another pass on the balance changes. Pros and casters are calling them out too.

My biggest gripes are

1. Fungal didn’t get nerfed…that spell is fundamentally broken…it needs to be changed or it’s always going to be too good or absolute trash.

2. The Medivac upgrade is…concerning. Medivacs that fast are going to be nigh impossible to catch. This is a massive, massive buff to bio in the mid-late game.

And 3…almost every last one of the Protoss changes were bad. Flux Veins is cool but doesn’t address the core issue of the Void Ray, most units counter it. It’s like a fragile, flying Immortal.

4 Likes

Totally agree, your gripes make sense to me.

I was surprised that they didn’t change fungal at all and/or change neural much. This is what gives the infestor its answer-all abilities which is a problem.

The medivac upgrade is yet another changes that pushes Terran further in its already overfocused harassment design. This makes no sense to me, why not fix a more glaring issue like Terran’s difficulties in mid-late game regarding army strength? This is up there with BC tac jump for “why tho” changes. I hate being forced into harassing and it makes games super predictable.

The protoss changes seem misguided, no idea what they’re doing there… The adept changes are weird to me and considering Zergs current strength against the zealot with the lurker changes, the Zealot nerf doesn’t make sense much either.

It seems like they want even more all-ins or gimmick wins which is the last thing this game needs IMO.

1 Like