I can't download my own editor maps

I was able to download my own maps in the past despite always locking them. I’m using a new computer, and I don’t have access to my old computer. This time I can’t download my own maps. Is there any way for me to recover my maps?

I have put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into my maps. Is there some way to recover them? I am the creator, but I’m locked out from downloading them

if they are on battle.net you should be able to go to arcade and download them from there.

They are on battle.net to play but I don’t know how to edit them. I wish to complete the updates that people have been asking for. I have too many works in progress to want to start any new projects, unless that becomes my only option. I am certain there would be a way for the creator to access their maps. I just don’t know how

Seems like I used to be able to download my own maps after I log into the “manage files” or manage maps part of the editor. I’ve always locked my maps and the download button wasn’t grayed out before. Now, that download button is grayed out for me so even I am locked out

In the editor, if I go to “manage published” and log in, I can see my published maps but I can’t download them, the option is grayed out. Seems like it used to work even though I’ve always locked all of my maps. If I go to “Open document” and select Blizzard and log in and view “my documents” there is nothing there to open. I used to be able to access my maps from there as well, if I recall

then download them through the game instead. that should still work.

Downloaded maps can’t be used for this. They’re located here:
C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle(dot)net\Cache\

but the files can’t be used with the editor. It’s not like starcraft brood war :confused:

i was not aware that they had removed the ability to download maps before now. i tried to copy the link but then my browser tries to open it in the app which is not supported. blizzard have messed up big time.

The files can be used with the editor, but not if you lock them. Doesn’t the editor give a big warning about locking maps?

The warning encourages you to lock your map, it states:
“An unlocked map can be opened in the editor by anyone, and may be copied and uploaded by others as their own map. Are you sure you want to unlock your map?”
By default, the option is set to locked

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.