I can assuredly tell you after 10 games of using ravens

That they are totally useless, check this game out boyos. Only useful to get ONE for detection, that’s it.

https ://sc2replaystats.com/replay/12543472

https ://sc2replaystats.com/replay/12543476

3 Likes

you’re bad, you don’t get to decide.

4 Likes

The decision has already been made tbh! The unit must be deleted!

I mean… It’s pretty obvious. Most expansive caster with worst, most situational spells.

1 Like

When they got rid of seeker missile; they practically destroyed the unit. But, hey zerg getting a free tunnel transport across the map is perfectly balanced.

Most expensive caster is -400/400

3 Likes

At least you cant make a mistake of building more than one tho.

1 Like

Ravens are garbage its true. But at least with the speed buff they aren’t a liability. I legitimately think swapping EMP from ghosts to Raven and swapping interfence matrix (aka lockdown) to the ghost would mostly solve the problem. Ravens would be good in TvP and occasionally in TvZ for hitting casters. Ghosts would be good in TvZ and even TvP against robo and shake up TvT some.

Ravens aren’t useless now though. They just don’t have a role in TvZ. At best they are detector. And even with the speed buff, a relatively vulnerable detector.

It would kill TvZ. Ravens are more mobile, but they are not invisible, so finding Z casters and hitting them would be impossible unless Zerg screws up monumentally. Remember that Zerg has free vision of his side of the map past 7 min. Ghost can ignore it somewhat, Ravens cant.

Totally didn’t think of that

Oh man, don’t get me started on missile.

Back in HOTS there was essentially a pure raven Terran build that I was never able to find a counter to. The Terran would turtle hard on 3 bases and start massing the damn things - by the time you worked out what was happening there was an unkillable ball of caster death floating around the map.

PDD let them fly in and drop turrets easily and at a certain mass, no anti air could touch them before missiles annihilated everything.

The only way I ever beat it was a massive ground attack and getting lucky.

I Agree, bring back Vessels!

Ravens have never looked good at any point in sc2’s history, I find that intriguing. Probably just a result of garbage unit design.

In wings and HoTS when they had seeker and pdd, they looked balanced… but still boring. In LOTV they were initially useless. When AAM was added and did damage, they looked OP… and made for horrible, dumb looking late games (spam click on enemy army —> win the game).

Now that AAM does no damage they are back to being useless.

It’s just like… damn, this unit has never felt or looked fun. Either to play with or against. Interference matrix is the only decent spell in its arsenal. Watching ppl run up on matrix’d tanks is entertaining I guess… but that’s literally all it has going for it.