I call TvP comepletely broken. In Protos favour!

Hey look trash terran QQ thread.

Learn howto play the game properly.

Terran is extremely broken

1 Like

Git gud NANANANANANANANANANANANA

Terran needs a Planetary Orbital

sounds like a 3 rax, marauder heavy for very early game and then the factory and starport for added tech depending on escalation of late game units. and it also sounds like you have to be really aggressive in that early game to stop him from teching up since you wont have medivacs for awhile.

Well matchups on any type can feel like roulette. You can play reactionary based on what you scout. And most players SHOULD have a build they commit to before they scout that other player.
The trick is to get used to adding things to your current composition when you see something that might heavily favor your opponent with your current comp.

With time you get get your timings down better. Such as placing that tech building you need, queuing up more of one unit in your comp that you need over another in the meantime, and setting up proper macro by expanding when you can.
Sticking to that one build for me gets me through ladder. I don’t mind losing when I’m practicing my macro or my warm up games for the day. I just have to make sure I go over my notes on what that league is doing and what angles they like to use so that I can adapt to making little tweaks here and there. its not an exact science, but it helps me so much to NOT worry about winning these matchups.

I guess I’m just more focused on what I’m doing than my opponent is. Currently Gold with my Terran and a bit rusty because I took a break.

Finally a discussion between gold guys. I’m in gold too and i play protoss, i’ve slightly posivite win rates against terrans, and i can at least suggest you what i fear about them.
And the answer is kinda easy: harassment, terrans are easily the best race in that. Medivac drops, bcs harrassment, banshees, liberators, mines, all of them are really annoying in our league.
If you’re closed in your base hoping for a golden late composition you are basically giving up the match, every protoss knows that they shouldn’t commit on a terran reinforced base, so they’ll just clean up expansions using recall and let you starve.
Instead attack protoss economy with drops and mines (mines are scary at this level), secure expansions with tanks, planetary, mines and missile turrets and try to expand preventing its expansion.
Don’t try to counter skytoss with a sky terran composition, vikings die to storms and battlecruisers die to tempests, use thors instead, which are incidentally half decent even against ground forces.
Against DTs build 2 of these things (one is not enough because toss player will split DTs in main base and in the natural):
1 turret per mineral line
1 raven
2 orbital scouting
Furthermore, take a single tank in range of every mineral line, DTs will die like flies.

1 Like

I’m only Diamond 3 but I’m struggling in TVP as well. I like to go for cloak banshee, move out when I have 2 and then 1 shot workers. I can get free wins that way if they do not scout it, but mosto f the time it is decent damage and evens out the worker disadvantage you have with a later expansion.

I feel like you hit a power spike in the early-mid game when you have tanks, MMM and a few ghosts. I have one quite a few games that way with a good 2 base push. The problem is the longer the game goes the harder it gets. It does seem like late-game is close to impossible for TVP, any harassment can be dealt with by warp-ins, zealots are a massive problem in general, requires too much attention to deal with. The standard ghost, MMM/Viking composition seem to get destroyed in the late-game, I try to transition into BC but it is too slow generally. I also have massive problems deaing with proxy VR which is a popular build.

If I don’t win the game during the power spike or with the loak banshee’s I feel like I have to play 150% of my ability to have a chance in this mu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

liberators, you need liberators

https://drop.sc/replay/16730150

just 25 or so and void rays will be glorified confetti

as long as you right click the center of the ball all the void rays will do is tank your fps for a few seconds.

and carriers, u can literaly make about 30 liberators and just a-move into it, the liberators splash all the interceptors, take about 2 damage and then u can right click on the fleeing carriers for very easy kills.

and 8-10 battlecruisers to clean up any stalker spam, and a few ghosts to emp high templar

and on top of it, the liberators will help with turtling as you build up the fleet, just get the range upgrade from the fusion core and make a few planetaries, by the time the protoss realizes and makes void rays, there should be enough liberators to turn them into confetti

1 Like

Yeah, forget imba and OP.

Just play like Maru or Clem.

That should fix your problem.

1 Like

Also you failed to mention, that economy is broken.

Economy is major problem! Since you can get third extremely quickly and even natural faster then terran. It wasn’t used to be like that! And yet halt cc with adept…

In LOTV they broken economy:

1. by increasing nexus supply to 15, cc = 15, but in HOTS: Nexus 10, cc 11!
  1. protoss had to cancel probe production at 9/10 to get his 2nd pylon in HOTS

2. protoss couldn’t get natural faster than t, or expand before cyber in HOTS!

3. protoss had to build 2nd pylon, before taking nexus, therefore first mule would hit sooner and than 2nd, 3rd and so on in comparison what protoss would have!

4. rax started at 10/19 supply in HOTS, but now rax starts at 15/23, but protoss has already more probes, than he would have in HOTS, when your 1st mule hits!

5. protoss can half cc with adapt

6. both races had different amount of minerals in bank at 12 workers

7. workers would be stacked at 12 supply, each race had different worker routines

8. lotv chrono boost has to be casted 2 times less, while it has exactly same efficiency as HOTS chrono boost until late game!

9. all gateways autohotkey

10. all gateways autotransform

11. buffed warpgate reserch

1. and of MULE nerf from 240-270 to only 225 and nerfing supply depot building time (because 3 rax reaper which is now nerfed) from 18s to 21, Terran economy is so bad, you can’t even constantly produce units from your production facilities!

Ruptors are dumb, but protoss unit balance is fine, what is not fine that you can have +30 of them than you deserve and faster upgrades, better tech and you get ahead in every aspect in the game from faster economy…

Terran was receiving superficial patches for symptoms of what is protoss economy. Which didn’t really changed matchup in any major way… TvP is all most imba match in the game…

#alwayshasbeen

I just lost like 4-5 straight, either randoms (toss) or actually toss.
The game is just tilted beyond belief. Terran is by far the weakest race at any level below TY, Byun, and Maru and they’re slowly “fixing” the game so that even they won’t be able to do damage in the first 10 minutes - at which point terrans will no longer make the round of 8 in any major tournaments.

Ladder has been a glass floor elevator for trust fund baby protosses to fail up into D1 forever and it will never not be that.

I just wrecked a $75 pair of headphones in a pathetic SC induced rage fit. This is me straight-up owning that I have a problem. I’m uninstalling and have no intention of ever returning to any Blizzard product ever again - regardless of cost or business model.

Good riddance Blizzard - your addictive garbage game can rot in hell along with every one of you that let or pushed it to this point.

“gg”

1 Like

Hello Ridesix! Looks like you’re enjoying the discussion, but you haven’t signed up for an account yet.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you’ve read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever someone replies to you. And you can like posts to share the love!

(lul)