How Veil of Shadows Works, and why it doesn't benefit Oracles

That’s a good point.

This also brings about another question though. Perhaps the issue is VoS description is wrong? And the behavior is entirely intended as so.

But he’s cloaked anyway, so have you checked if he gets fast regen without entering a DP? In that pic, the Oracle had been cloaked for quite a while before. I laid a few statis wards and then checked it’s status icons. So not sure whether the status and/or behaviour are broken, if at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2cYMuxoPo&t=94s there is this episode of mythbusters that shows zeratul’s issue w/ it. basically it does what i’ve mentioned above: he only gets it if he starts regenerating near a dark pylon

2 Likes

Put another way, the start condition for Veil is “in dark pylon OR on whitelist”, but the stop condition is just “loses cloak OR at maximum shields”, so any unit not on the list but passing through a dark pylon gets the benefit until max shields.

Not going to lie, I personally think it would be far better if veil was just all friendly cloaked units in the first place.