How to edit Campaign Missions?

Hi all, it’s my first time here on the editor forums, I’m a super beginner, but I was wondering if you can edit Campaign Missions?

If so, does anyone know how to make commands for units to spawn or move or buildings to train units?

Or if there are any video tutorials available?

Thank you all.

I’m not the best with the editor but I can work around it in a pinch.

To open/edit campaign missions: file -> load. There’s a campaign tab at the top somewhere, shouldn’t take very long to find. You might need to sign in using your blizzard account to gain access (which the editor will ask you to do).

To issue orders: there is an icon of gears along the top, should be called “triggers” if you scroll over it. Open that menu. If you did this in a campaign map, you’ll see all the attack waves, win conditions, orders, literally everything that happens within the folders. If you opened the trigger menu on a melee map, you’ll see “melee initialization”

Triggers are coding basically, with lines given to you. “Events” are what start the trigger (you could have it run every time a unit dies), “conditions” are things the trigger checks before running (you could have the code ask “was the killed unit a marine?”) and “actions” are the things the trigger actually do (you could order a barracks to train another marine).

It’s complicated and looks overwhelming. You start to know what things do if you mess around enough. There are tutorials on YouTube (particularly by 'deltron") that can show you some things. If you describe what you want, I could whip up a screenshot of the code that will (hopefully) get the job done.

1 Like