How to counter mass void ray?

It seems that Viking could not do anything to void ray, how to deal with it?

1 Like

Vikings are surprisingly bad vs Void Rays, since the Rays now have the speed upgrade. I would say get Marines + Drilling Claw Mines + Turrets + Medivacs/Vikings. Hope that the Protoss flies into a clump of your mines by mistake and loses half his voids in a second.

1 Like

I heard cyclones and marines are good. Poke the voids with cyclones, cover them with marines.

1 Like

Mass vikings in even supply is fine, mass marines seems okay. You can probably use widow mines, I believe that any terran unit that shoots up will be able to deal with the voidray. The voidray seems kind of weak against terran tbh.

Cheers,

Kevin

12 Likes

Harstem has a great video on this right now, KEVIN. lol. Anyways you forgot about the mass libs. There definitly a good counter to mass rays, trust me on that, had whole fleets of rays wiped out in seconds due to the libs splash damage.

My friend Winter,
If you split your void rays against liberators, then you win easily the fight.

Cheers,
Gerard.

at the level that people mass rays people dont know how to split or magic box

25+ libs with raven for anti armor missile, just shark around his void ray fleet untill he makes a move command, and dive and shift click the middle of his ball before they can react, u will oneshot the entire fleet and run if they split, abuse lib burst damage and capitalize on mistakes like literaly any move command as it causes voids to clump up.

I’ve seen entire armies of void rays get wiped out by a handful of widow mines. Widow mines is a good option if you can predict where the void rays will attack and the enemy seems to be bad with macro.