How Starcraft 2 Quality of Life can be improved

-Siege Tanks’ Siege Mode and Lurkers’ Burrow can be set to auto-cast(Will use ability when attacking an enemy(Siege Tanks use their Siege mode’s attack range to determine this) and unburrow/siege when there is no more enemy to attack within vision and/or attack range.
-Armory can switch production of thors with missiles to thors with anti-air cannons.
-Siege tank’s AI to not overkill targets is now applied to all units and structures(except Lurkers) with a delayed ranged attack.

Another change to made stimroll easier not reposition your tank and etc because it do itself right?

1 Like

I noticed you make this sort of topics often: autocast this, autocast that, insert a buff that removes negative effects of unit placement/ makes micro easier/ dumbs it down a bit…

I don’t want to be rude in anyway but being able to handle these issues make you skilled in 1v1. This isn’t co-op where queens autotransfuse , where you can build on your treammates creep as a terran/ toss, where nukes don’t impact you (r treammates’) army if you are to close,… If you like this sort of mechanics, you can have fun in co-op, where these sort of mechanics thrive.

This is 1v1 and part of the charm of 1v1 is getting good: it’s dealing with all of the undesired side-effects of your choices of unit-placement. It’s being fast, being able to multitask, not forgetting to put your units in the right mode, developing strategic intellect. In short it’s trying to get gud without needing crutches and enjoy the process when it works, while not whining when you’re stuck.

Kind regards

Quality of Life changes are something like:
Viking/ Corruptor prioritize Carriers over Interceptors.

In some scenario’s sometimes it is better to focus fire instead of A moving.

1 Like

this is a quality of life change. Even one that is better for casual than pro.
As a better player you should still use Focus fire. More efficient. If you are weaker and you focus on other things, it will help you.
btw then Viking/ corrupter are again more in the role as counter…because they take not useless interceptors as target.

I mean Ht got 6 range…just use control groups.

Viking not counter carrier mass liberator air mode witch bc do

1 Like

What your seige tank or lurker auto seiges in a place you don’t want it? What if someone sends one zergling forward to seige all your units and attack you in a bad position? You could literally just patrol a zergling outside the bases of terrans and constantly get the units to seige and unseige. NEXT

3 Likes

That’s false. It is true that Pros focus but that still takes a toll from the APM (that is a finite resource). If they will be unburdened from that, they will use the saved APM somewhere else.Please, can we do without this hypocritical term like QOL?
There are no QOL (unless painting units with agreable colors and visual effects). All those so called QOL are buffs that impact the race in a bigger or lesser degree.
And by the way: i am not against removing such “QOL” as HT autoattack or Autotransform GW.

I’m still not on board with it though. In general it seems better to me if people learn to master every aspect of the game (if only partially at their current level). One of the only changes I could understand was for tosses to put their observer in surveillance mode. It kinda made sense in general and improved the handling of hardcore F2-users who were handicapped by their own doing. The pros could also use their obs more versatile that way.

Changing priorities on what the AI attacks first (e.g. carriers over interceptors) seems to me more of a crutch to people who don’t get when to use focus fire instead of A-moving which I think is bad: at a certain point focus firing becomes important in pretty much all matchups and fights and determines the outcome of a game. If one isn’t willing to learn that skill, or doesn’t get why it might be useful to apply it in certain situations, maybe the level where they are at, is the level where they should be. Changing those mechanics won’t benefit them in the long run.

I’m also worried that if this is allowed, it would just create a slippery slope for more ‘quality of life-suggestions’ dumbing down the game or providing crutches further. You can call me a purist for that: it’s an insult I gladly take :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

so would you also remove the ai target from some units? example: thor.

Yes: I have to be consistent with the principle I want to be untouched :slight_smile: . A-move is A-move, focus firing is focus firing. I also think that in this particular case it wouldn’t have the highest of impact due to the splash damage thors do…

He maybe mean change thor air priotity to 50 on 50 like if you had air unit ground unit can kill thor free

1 Like

right, if you have used lings so that thor does not attack mutas.

Quality of life??? LOL

Well maybe they could make it so you could play SC2 on your phone…maybe you could lie down on your bed while playing…so youre not hunching your back…might be easier on your hands too…you could do hot keys I suppose from your phone but I wonder how you would move the cursor? But I can tell you after hours of playing the two things that hurt the most are your hands and back.

1 Like

1- Autocast would be terrible! It wont take long to players to figure out how to exploit the tanks AI, forcing them to siege/unsiege - burrow/unborrow and using that delay to wipe them out

2 - I mean, just get smart servos and problem solved, it takes like half a second to put them all in whatever mode you want them

3 - As for the overkill thing, why? isnt it the case with ALL units? why should a single unit have this buff? specially when its not easy to beat mass tanks with some cheap micro, you want to buff them even more? Were not even talking about quality of life change here, youre proposing a straight up buff to siege tanks