How large is the dominion military in numbers

Actually, that’s pretty much what she did. Except for the Psi-Destroyer, she basically just shot zerg at Augustgrad until Mengsk’s guards died.

The Umojan Protectorate was the most technologically advanced as I understand it, but they were also the smallest faction. That’s why they had to use cloak and dagger tactics all the time.

For Kerrigan invading Dominion Space, if you’re referring to “Heart of the Swarm,” remember for much of the expansion her own Swarm was relatively small, as most of the remaining Broodmothers didn’t join in with her until later in the story.

1 Like

It’s interesting to see that although the 3 Prison Ships started out with the same amount of inhabitants and despite Umoja never engaging in any devastating conflict unlike the Confederacy/Dominion (who, first waged war with the Kel-Morians, then glassed one of their most populated worlds, then lost 9 of their 13 core worlds in Sc1, then took the brunt of the UED invasion, then lost 8 billions people in WoL, lost more in HotS and LotV.), they are still inferior in numbers and power to them. Makes you wonder if Umoja has a single child policy and/or if an average Dominion family has 6 children in it :3

2 Likes

Sci-fi writers lack any sense of scale.

1 Like

Yup, the Dominion’s overall numbers do not add up, don’t see how they ever could. I think Blizzard Entertainment said once that they were doing a lot of cloning or something like that.

But basically, video game numbers.

1 Like

It is a general rule of thumb that Blizzard writer always go for In games numbers. According to Christine Golden, the Horde in Warcraft was like a thousand strong. Thats the “horde.” Since that was all she saw in game.

likewise the person who wrote the Templar book only have Starcraft 1 to go off of and did not see anything from SC2 so the scale is MUCh smaller.

FOr the dominion I would say they have a thousand ships EASY.

This thread just gave a birth. (9 months)

3 Likes