How is it that a marine?

Which costs 50 minerals and is a tier 1 can take on a muta which cost 100 minerals and 100 gas not to mention the spire which takes forever to build and cost 200 minerals and 200 gas by the way and another 150 minerals and 150 gas to get to lair tech . Which takes another 3 minutes . It just don’t make no sense how stupid terran has gotten . Nothing but buffs to their race not to mention another proposed nerf to the only viable unit the baneling ? Like ok serral and reynor know how to make zerg work but that doesn’t account for 99 percent of the rest of us not enjoying this race cause the blizz team keeps nerfing everything in sight with zerg

2 Likes

Because the Marine has 2-2 with Stim upgrade minimum and support by that time. And even 3-3 if terran lives long enough.

But its not one marine but many. And a 50 mineral cannot kill a 100 mineral and 100 gas.

But in context of most games, Zerglings and Banelings do much better than Mutalisks when wanting to hit some mineral lines.

Mutalisks are a unit that is designed to hit weak spots, not kill compositions upfront, unless they are upgraded completely and the enemy isn’t.

Snipe the supply depots. Hahaha that is how most terrans lose anyways when mutalisks hit.

This is why I learned to not rely on a single unit and mass it, because any unit that is massed can be countered by another unit that is massed.

Now of course you may be talking about having a pocket sized mutalisk force to make its effect, but other races have their fair share also of pocket sized forces that cannot do much after another unit is out.

Stalkers < marauders

Zerglinngs < Hellions

Hellions < Roaches

Roaches < Tanks

Tanks < Mutalisks

Mutalisk < Marine

Marine < Baneling

Baneling < Enemy splash.

And you have your Protoss equivalent to the mutalisk, the void ray (in terms of its fragility vs marines).

Void Ray < Marines

Marines < Disruptor

Marines < Zealots

Zealots < Blue Flame Hellions

Hellions < Stalkers

4 Likes

I’m not quite sure I understand your hate here. Neither Marines or mutas have received a single balance change in LOTV. Certain comps aren’t good against other comps, such as how you don’t throw marines against hellions or high templars. That is what asymmetrical balance is.

2 Likes

because marines counter mutalisk, if you want you can look at the counter guide in the menu

goto menu > help > zerg units. and clikc on the muta, as you can see it is for harassing workers and is countered by allot of units.

3 Likes

Sure, and Carriers, and Voids, and Corruptors…
Strange. when DT kills a lone marine (in a MMM it’s not possible) you open a whole thread to whine and spread tears…

7 Likes

This unit counter list is a joke. for example they have thors countering disruptors when disruptors own mech. vikings counter carriers which is also a joke.

the help guide was probably how they wanted the game to work however it is broken. it doesn work. the game is a joke. 3 more months before consoles come out.

2 Likes

It’s a pleasure to finally find a post where we would agree.

We probably agree on more things than you would like to admit. but in defending P until the end… I guess we have to once again diverge. no matter how true what I say may be.

Don’t hyperventilate, even a broken watch shows the correct time twice a day.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Muta kills Marine 1x1 on equal upgrades.

1 Like

Try in unit tester 1 marine to kill 1 mutalisk noob, What u do move in circles w muta?

No sh!t sherlock . Obviously you didn’t read that how is a tier one unit that’s as cheap as a set of zerglings Take on a expensive unit which takes forever to get too seem balanced . It doesn’t

2 Likes

You are just trolling, or you are demented. Learn what counter means. Marines are supposed to beat sh1t out of mutas. It is like using marines against ultras and wonder why you can’t kill them. I think you are trolling, i saw you on these forums, unless you are really new player. In that case l2p…

Lol of course ultras would counter marines since its a tier 3 unit. Wt f your points make no sense my point is why is such an expensive tier 2 unit the muta can’t take on a marine. Does that not make sense ? I mean i think i explained it very well

I am starting to think you are for real. Haha you must be in bronze right. Maybe you want to learn basics, before posting dumb sh1t on forums. Go play campaign or something…

2 Likes

I mean marines have been unchanged sinc WOL and mutas received a health regen buff. Youre alittle late to be complaining about marines. Zerglings counter thors too, any problems with that?

1 Like

Lol i am actually surprised you defend terran side :open_mouth: People call me whiner and this is some bronze trash, not even understanding most basic thing and whines… When i post i at least provide facts and know what i am talking about… If he is new to rts than it is okay, looked like trolling, but i don’t know… Oh but than he said no sense how stupid terran gotten. He might be troll playing dumb… Or not higher than gold league and he is delusional…

I am against all forms of baseless whining. Theres just alot of terran :cactus: that spam the forums and are the most fun to argue with

Yeah some people just whine and yes most of them are TErrans, because Terran race is total garbage and worst race in the game. Also you can’t really post serious post here, because it gets only flamed and no one will discuss anything…

good to know I’ll lump you in with the other :cactus:

1 Like