How do you stop Terran early game Widow Mines?

I wont say i win every time , but what allows me to fight against widow mine drops and drop play in general (I used to die alot against it) is to go stargate, 1 oracle then 3-4 phoenixes.With 2 adepts 1-2 stalkers opn the ground. When the mines arrive , you still have to pull probes but your aim is to kill the medivac. IF you kill the medivac and dont loose to many workers, you are gold. Your opponent wont be able to harass you for a long while, and you should have killed quite a few probes with oracles on the other side of the map.

Now next thign thats critical is proper defense , becasue going stargate means you are light on the ground. Imho going collosus or blink stalkers doesnt work, at least at my level (d3) . What works for me is going first charge with mass zealots, then go storm or collosus and blink.

Unfortunately this build will get DOMINATED by fast early marines. The problem is that Protoss do not have a proper scouting ability early game to find out which build your opponent is going.

Either way this game has become COMPLETELY unplayable against Terran as Protoss.

The new combo I am seeing is EMP’s combined with Raven’s anti-armor and interference matrix which just DESTROYS Protoss entirely.

No Storm cause of EMP, no Collis and Disruptors cause of interference matrix.

Stimmed MMM just mop up the rest like nothing was even there.

All of this while Terran just take over the map while spamming mules for triple income.

GG Blizzard Balance Team.

1 Like

Blink or phoneix fam.

get a robo for obs with either build.

How about REMOVING Widow Mines and bringing back Vultures? Another options could be reducing splash damage to less than 40. For ex. 30 splash sounds reasonable and now two mines would have to hit a worker in order to kill it. The question is: is it IMBA or not?

Widow mines should NOT take 5 cannon hits to destroy, but they do…game is imbalanced just deal with it.

I did a widow mine drop on a protoss that got 12 probe kills. Then i made siege tanks and a raven that dissabled his colossus, he ran away from my attack and slowly got his third. I have a silly idea to how you can win in a situation like that, its simply put to build a powerful army. You stay on 2 base, you get charge and archonst and hit him. The first reason terrans do that type of attack to begin with is because they at all costs want to avoid a powerful protoss army. So delay his push but dont lose to many units defending your third, give it up! Turtle up the dangerous army then get charge zealots and archonst and try to get a concave and BAAM screaming marines exploding siege tanks and a salty terran. My second answear is just build phoenix and be ready, thats what i have seen pro-players do. If you react properly you can lift all 3 widow mines and the terran is very behind. in D3 perhaps you can go for the faster colossus and take the third a little later with it, i mean a D3 terran mignt not be good enough to use such an advantage to crush you. Or you can get charge and delay him, allowing him to take out your third then BAAM hit him.

Colossus? Especially with laser giraffe and some attack upgrades? They are mobile, easily counter marines and seriously outranges widow mines, and if they are too close together they suffer AOE damage. You might have to protect them when he responds with vikings.

Only solution I see is to nerf widow mine hp so that it can easily be killed by two stalkers or a cannon before it can burrow.

1 Like

i hate wido mines ,

its supposato be a alturnative to siege tank .

how the F can one justfi siege tank to anti air ? loose enitre teams of units to 2 widomine enplacements .

was building an Missle platform just not good enougf ?

being able to do a drop like that is way to OP

yeah ok , he did not have cannons . widomines are easy worth there value in any situwation , as far as i can tell . there one shot nukes . and that is all that matters .

there more effective than nukes them selves . !