How do random players live with themselves?

In a game like SC2, that is suposed to be about skill instead of RNG, why is there a race that hides your true race?? If you want to play a random race then either roll a dice and pick a race based on that or the game should reveal the true race.

And don’t even try to say that you deserve an advantage because YOU decided to play all 3 races - that is your fault, not your opponents. Others will say its not an advantage, so in that case it won’t matter if the game tells your race anyway.

If you play random I would suggest a long look into your soul and how you came to this point in life.

9 Likes

Emmmmm… Actually, when I face a random player lower than 4000 MMR ( Korean service and EU service) , I will teach him how to cheeser other players…
like this:https://i.imgur.com/0THqIYd.jpg
I’m so…so…sorry about that. But I think it’s the only way he or she can win. I must teach him how to win. I just don’t want to see he lost again and again. He can’t. He can’t adapt despair like me.

If his MMR is over 4000 ( KR service) or 5000 ( just I guess, I don’t play much in EU service).
It will happen:https://i.imgur.com/KeO2Tck.jpg

Is this called self-inflicted in English? Teach them and cheeser me… :rofl:
Emmmm. Nice!!! They can win! :smile:

It’s my fault. My scouting fault. :slightly_smiling_face:

How do whiners live with themselves?

It’s a damned game. People play to have fun. If people like throwing dice to decide what race they play instead of dedicating themselves to a single one, that’s their perogative. Get over yourself and stop dictating how others should play or commit themselves to a single race.

23 Likes

They get twice the win when it comes to portrait farming.

7 Likes

How do I live with myself? As SunRise above hinted, you get more achievement points for it. Also, you’re forced to learn all three races with a random element.

Also, I’m not sure about the experience of other players, but I find your opponent is more likely to cheese you because they don’t want to take any chances, so it teaches you to think on your feet a bit.

3 Likes

We, random players, are at a DISADVANTAGE, because we have a 33% chance to be protoss

Terran and Zerg players have 0% chance to get protoss, so terran/zerg > random

We deserve an advantage

9 Likes

I don’t understand random players. You always are getting less than the best from the other guy yet use their inferior play as a way to gauge your own skill. Just seems odd to me.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s not to gauge our own skills against individuals, but to have fun while we improve. I used to main Zerg in BW and WoL, but moved to random because I wanted to learn Terran and Protoss. Also, playing random has improved my Zerg as I continue to improve on my other two races.

I honestly don’t really care about who I’m playing against. I’m not at the professional level, and I won’t likely see the exact same person again. It is what it is.

Edit: Also, while we may get more vanilla openings from our opponents…do remember that we can’t map ban. If I ban an anti-Zerg map, then that hurts my TvZ and PvZ.

1 Like

I understand wanting variety but I am being one hundred percent honest that many times when j lose to a random players I know for sure I didn’t put forward my best game. It really is a notable advantage and removes a lot of aggressive builds out of the game. For example vs Terran I like to do maxpax proxy gate builds but cannot do that against any random terran. Even worse my buildings are placed vs Zerg meaning I don’t even get a reaper wall off. So when a random terran wins he basically beat my worst anti Terran game. I just don’t understand why people see that as any sort of accomplishment.

Random is totally fine. I do like it when people tell you their race right away so at least we can get like a true test of wills and skills.

1 Like

rofl 5/5 would laugh again

2 Likes

As random, you have 33% to be stressed out (Play Terran), 33% chance to laugh maniacally and deploy cheeses enemy will have nightmares about for years to come (And still lose as Protoss) and 33% to chill and do whatever and still win when dice rolls Zerg.

2 Likes

I think you might be a little upset that a random player spawned into your race and you got dismantled with his offrace

2 Likes

Technically, for random, every race is a main race

1 Like

How do one single race player lives with themselves knowing they are one trick ponies?

3 Likes

how can you whine about random??? LOL Just scout? Threads like these are hilarious. I can usually have a worker to the other side of the map in 15-30 seconds. 9 times out of 10 they havent finished their wall yet.

2 Likes

Truth is: random players usually suck, and if you have a hard time deal with them, that means you are noob. Stop whining and get better, you have to learn 3 match ups, and they have to learn 9.
If you spend the same time practicing as random players, you are always going to be better than them.

1 Like

Maybe this is a cop-out kind of response, but what does it really matter about choosing random? Clearly, Blizzard agrees with keeping the random choice secret from the opponent until a worker scout determines the race, so deal with it best you can. Surely you can compose some response that handles multiple scenarios.

1 Like

Random players usually play 3x as many races at same lvl as you… So, they may suck, but less than you.

Also, not about practice, really. Once you reach your peak, you usually stay there until you really invest into improving. Then it’s time to ask yourself if you want to invest that time into the game or just enjoy playing.

2 Likes

Yeah, Random so EZ!

~8% of the player base
~1.3% of GM
~0% of the Pro player base

I guess if you subscribe to the Batz school of “thought,” then yes, it’s by far the easiest race.

3 Likes

OFC they “could’” be a bit worse than single race players,randoms must play a ton of different matchups and if you are not good at some of them,improving its kinda difficult because the amount of those matchups is low,so improving specific matchups for a random player requires more time.Overall and assuming non cheeser gameplay the skill is the same as a single race player unless when really high mmr.