H&H p2 rework suggestion

I think p2 is rather confused as to what it should be where it limits how many ground units you can build by reducing the galleon cap to 2. I feel when I’m playing H&H that I dislike the spammy nature of building reapers constantly. P2 was a way for me to justify not playing that way and focus solely on air units (galleons and Star port units). I did this occasionally before the whole prestige thing came around anyway. I feel it doesn’t go far enough to cater to my playstyle like other prestige’s do to some commanders. I guess you could say I’m playing H&H like nova without a hero unit.

When I play p2 I never build a single ground unit and sometimes zergling attack waves get away from me, which they should as my strategy is not perfect! My question is as follows: Is not having any ground units besides SCVs a big enough downside for the following changes.

First change I suggest is galleons. Galleons are capped at 2 in this prestige and building just 2 of them doesn’t really do me much good either way. I see three potential solutions to this.

1. Uncap galleons
  2. Increase the supply used by the galleon upgrade
    and increase the cap to 5 again
  3. A combination of both

Both ways disable the galleons ability to make ground units.

An alternative would simply be remove all of galleons and I queue up as Matthew by himself and just make star port units lol. Changes made could be as follows:

1. Horner’s star port now begins with one charge for each unit like nova upon production building completions. Perhaps a 60-90 second first charge for the star port?
  2. Since Mira no longer is in the picture with her units, allow for the supply used by strike platforms to effect the significant others bonus. Or that bonus just doesn’t exist anymore as a downside to picking P2.

Your thoughts?

You didn’t get the memo?

6 Likes

There are critical downsides to not being able to make anything out of galleons. So that idea would be terrible.

Uncapping the literal cap limit of P2 would make p2 superior to everything else (sub fast Magmines in P1), so that wouldn’t work.

Overall, after reading, I’m not sure what you’re going for.

Also, as Drow said, news broke a few days ago that the only thing they’ll be doing going forward is balance changes. So no revamp would ever come to be.

When I play p2 I never build a single ground unit and sometimes zergling attack waves get away from me, which they should as my strategy is not perfect!

I get by just fine without building ground units. Mag mine positioning is crucial to not let things like run by units slip through

I didn’t say 100% go uncapped galleons. The other alternative I listed was to cap them at 5 again but in both cases remove ground unit production capabilities. And thus they would become strictly combat units.

Horner naval units are limited by charges, therefore the starships are still not spammable and are balanced around integrating other military assets

For example, Viking + Hellion Hellbat + Strike Fighter, then Carrier and/or BC as necessary

Mass Wraith can work on P2 but is low dps. Even BC is better with support

Suggestion: Capped strike platforms to 3

My opinion of H&H weakness is not p1, p2 or p3. But the lacking of passive defensive unit for town defences.

1 Like

I got wrecked on Sythe of Amon with P2 Han and Horner trying to rush Vikings. I’ve come to the conclusion I suck with H&H (P2 especially) and need learn a better build .

i suggest landing your vikings to prevent zerglings running by. with the pierce upgrade they kill light units really fast.

Who are you suggesting it to?
The last few people who were working on sc2 got either moved to other games or sacked.

Only thing P2 H&H needs is a bigger cost and cooldown reduction for horner units.
But since even H&H masteries are bugged dont expect much fixes coming from blizzard.