Help with behaviour

Hi there, I’m trying some stuff in Map editor. When I set behaviour and triggers for infestable building - everything on test map works perfect. Buildings are covered by creep(y) doodas. But when I try to put shrike turret on bunker, summon Swann’s vespene harvester at refinery or put vespene beam on orbital assimilator etc - nothing shows in game. Do you know how to set this right? Thanks a lot.

Are you using the right models/animations?

I literally don’t know much about SC2 WE, still waiting for my probably simple question to be answered.

I think so. For exapmle there is model called “orbital assimilator”, but in the test game there is no effect like vespene harvesting beam and unit is labeled as “assimilator” only. I tried to set behaviour trigger for beam, but nothing happen. Maybe I’m skipping some important move or something. I think that should be easy (turret on bunker fo example) - but it’s hell of a mystery.

Try going into coop and seeing what Swann’s vespene drone is called, or load up a campaign to see what the actual model you should be using is called, and compare from there.

At least, that’s what my experience from the WC3 editor.
I’d suggest trying that, as I find “Cinematic” units are very buggy.

It’s question of setting actors/effects and behaviour. For examle: shrike turret and bunker are separate models - and you have to say to game: “these two models are friends”. What am I asking is just little hint from SC2 perspective how to convice them to do that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you are using a normal bunker, I’m afraid it won’t work. You’ll have to tell SC2 that you are using a nanosteel bunker to get it to be friendly with the shrike turret, as that is my understanding of the model that plays nice with the Shrike.

Such knowledge from W3 :smirk: But if am I right - neosteel bunker with turret is only in CO-OP, isn’t it?

No, go try placing shrike turret enhanced bunkers in WoL.