Help us with the grind - increase bonus xp

Each bonus provides 4k experience. Time wise its not a great investment as sometimes you gain more xp per hour if ignoring bonuses and doing the mission only.

Boosting the xp bonus would help us reach prestiges faster while also making it more worthwhile actually doing the bonus in the first place.

What do you think? And if yes, how much would you increase the bonus xp to?

1 Like

The debate and conclusion on this topic is giving bonus too much priority and incentive hinders the mission.

We can see this already with a lot of players who for the sake of completeness will lose the mission.

I think it needs to be left as is. Take some breaks if the grind is getting to ya.

1 Like

Honestly, I still feel that there should be a prestige exp bonus that only applies to commanders that have at least 1 prestige, and are not level 15 yet.
The grind has been… Taxing on me. I have my most used, fun commanders maxed but the rest is sort of a boring snoozefest because of how slow the experience turnout is, even with grinding RtK and VT.

Like do you mean you need to get P1. Then from there, the player gets a “prestige exp bonus” for leveling P2 and P3 thereafter?

1 Like

You get the bonus upon clicking “Unlock Prestige” once you first hit level 15. For Prestige 1, 2, and 3 you get bonus experience until you are 3-15. Then the bonus stops supplying experience. It only applies to commanders that are not level 15 on any prestige.
Maybe something like…

• Prestige 0: 0% bonus.
  • Prestige 1: 10% bonus
  • Prestige 2: 15% bonus
  • Prestige 3: 20% bonus.

Or allows us to play one commander, but send the xp to another. Let us play our max lvl commanders that we enjoy, experiment with them while actually leveling up the others.

I rarely do co-op back to back for several hours, usually I take like a 5-30 minute break inbetween each match and maybe quit after like 3 or 5 games. Missing out on the bonus is just missing out on xp for me.

I see. For the purpose of what you are proposing, this solves it for sure.

I gotta be honest though, this isn’t much different than most of the other “make grind easier”. I get tired sometimes too leveling them, but I just take a break and play the mastery commanders.

I guess it doesn’t work for everyone. Though, honestly I don’t think that any of the proposals to combat this issue will help. I truly think that people think it’ll help. Really it is more of a within issue with the player.

I keep saying it but people don’t like to hear lol. But anyway.

I do that, myself. I want to complete the collection at some point but it’s just so much :sleeping:

1 Like

Same, I’m a few off at the moment. I wish people can take their time and enjoy it. I get it but yeah. Either way, I’m the big bad on this issue… and that’s fine I suppose lmao… can’t change it. Just like people can’t change the prestige leveling, so I just live with it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a problem when you have commanders that just suck to level, either because their options are limited and crappy, or you just hate the commander overall. Right now I’m on Fenix (jumping around a bit) and after leveling my mains, it’s just sorta… Tedious and not fun.

2 Likes

The lvl 10 to 15 could use a reduction of exp required.
They are usually the biggest bore and slow down of the grind.

I agree with the possible increase of xp per bonus, as now it feels more like trap than something you should do.

That’s why I think players should be rewarded for doing the bonus, not punished. Or the bonus objectives can be just removed and be only part of “full clear” that you do because you want to and not because the mission asks for that.

Another option would be to give some in-game benefit, like extra resources or upgrades for completing the bonus objective, but that would be more work to implement…

I really don’t want ask the obvious, but…

Why are you leveling a commander you don’t even like?

Completion’s sake. I had all commanders maxed at 15 pre-prestige. I stopped trying to level Kerrigan though. I think the only commanders I’m going to skip are Kerrigan and Stukov.

I’m at about half of the prestiges unlocked just playing a couple hours a day. I will probably stop there as not every prestige interests me, I’ve only grabbed the ones I liked.

There’s only like a few that are uninterested, those being HH P3, Stukov’s P2, and Swann’s P2.

HH’s P3 is a self-explanatory case, it is just that strangely bad. Unlike Abby’s P3, while clearly not very useful, it actually provides some cool new thing to play around with (ie. mass UE). More striker platforms is just more clicks… very odd, so hoping this and Abby’s P3 will get a change. So I’m leaving HH last.

Stukov’s P2 is just one of those gimmicky things, fun once in awhile. He was less of a priority overall compared to other zerg commanders for me, but I do want his P3 and P1, so P2 was just an honorable mention.

Swann’s P2. I’ve actually finished up this guy already and went back to P0, as I am a fan of the drill’s usage by far. His P2 is actually really great for the maps they are suited for (and mutations thereof). Unlike Karax’s P1 though, he doesn’t have instant build, so offensively pushing is more hassle than it is worth. It’s a doable strategy on all maps, just a lot of repetitive work.