Happy to have grown up with Starcraft 2

Wc3, SC, Sc2, man those were different times.

Also looked through the world in a different lense. So it’s impossible to explain how it was so fun to newer gens as the graphics are so dated now.

For a lot of us 90’s kids these games held us through our teens. Thoughtful tactics and strategy were the talk of town. Build orders, timings, stats.

I look at the catalog of todays popular games and they’re all the same shallow gimmicky nonsense designed to hold a sign in front of you for more money like a pan handler.

I am so, so happy that my childhood had its generation of games. It helped me be the person i am today.

3 Likes

You forgot to mention that all these new games are built on the exactly same engine. It’s especially visible in the modern FPS games because let’s be honest they looks and plays all the same - they are just using different textures.

And generally no RTS games at all, overpaid games, overpaid DLC’s, overpriced skins, (usually) pay to win model, no replayability, different games and same gameplay, no bikini armors anymore, very low amount of games genres comparing to the past - it’s just either: FPS , platform game or turn based game and rarely anything else, boring humour (no Duke-style jokes or anything funny at all), and no fun.

Only the remasters are fine sometimes but lets be honest they are a total cashgrab and are quickly abandoned and has no any competitive scene.