Hackers in the NA server

Thanks. Simple and safe workaround. Unless this person is operating through tor somehow or something, I expect they won’t like the results of their actions. lol

htt ps://imgur.com/a/ZgAUEAV

posts in screenshot are by highvoltage

several people have mentioned a workaround but i couldnt find it in this threat so im state one that worked for me:
instead first click ‘campaign’ and then choose custom. from here you can create a game and instead of crashing youll just sit in your empty lobby since all players are crashing instead of finding your lobby. but you can just advertise in the chatroom /lobbylink

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/comments/1bcnxkn/sc2_going_not_responding_for_anyone_else/

This is what I’d describe as next level thinking. I just clicked into custom and then to “Arcade” before maps could load, but I would recommend this method if your computer is loading the lobbies faster than you can click away.

1 Like

This issue needs to be addressed, and QUICKLY, custom games is a crucial part of sc2, and without it, it isnt really sc2 anymore

3 Likes

Has this even been acknowledged by Blizzard yet?

It would be best to avoid the arcade completely until Blizzard fixes the exploit used to cause the freezes, someone might eventually figure out how to do something worse than freezing sc2 with it.

2 Likes

A user called Averis has been lag crashing all the StarBattle arcade games for about a year on the NA server and uses like hundreds of fake accounts to flood games. He’s also been harassing users in DMs. Tried opening a ticket with Blizzard and they told me they’d suspend my account if I did not drop the matter. Not sure they care that much.

3 Likes

I saw an image on reddit. Somebody had managed to see the lobby names. They suggest that our computers are now infected.

Blizzard needs to investigate this quickly, or they could be in a lot of hot water

Edit: Here’s the post with the attached image. Word of warning, the psycho used a lot of offensive language
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/s/3C73vCPOhz

1 Like

He’s at it again. The arcade is down again.

3 Likes

Many of these busted lobbies are being hosted by notorious trolls of the arcade map PARASITE.

They’ve been on a crusade to derail the version of the map they dislike in any way shape or form, so now they’ve resorted to a childish act of taking the entire arcade down in a way of saying “LOL FK U”

There is currently 8 broken lobbies being hosted in the NA Server.

1 Like

My computer got hit with a virus from this, be careful.

I’m also experiencing this problem now. Yesterday I could load into any custom game to practice. (I’m very new so I haven’t even played on the ladder yet.) I rely on these custom games to practice the game against AI lol.

That’s…completely incorrect.

Stay off the knockoff adult sites and you won’t get a virus. Or just don’t use McAffee or Norton, etc.

The ‘best’ fix is to add the urls attempting to be loaded into your hosts file. These urls were easy to find if you follow the links in the aforementioned via reddit.

Chill out guys. It’ll all be over, soon.

2 Likes

If you try to open the map info on SC2 using the links to the hacked maps, it also crashes the game.
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357543
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357544
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357545
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357546
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357547
battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357548

Even if you ban the accounts and get rid of these maps, the hacker can upload new maps. Long term solutions would have to be either:

• Kick spamming bots out of lobbies, that way they can’t use bots to bypass autokick timeout for inactive users
  • Prevent the html code from being allowed or run through the map description in the first place
1 Like

Not if blizzard’s head stays up its six

1 Like

I haven’t had the crash happen to me once in Linux. Game just keeps on trucking and I see the spammy game lobbies. I click on them and nothing. Maybe make the switch, the game actually runs better in Linux than in Windows both with this exploit and in terms of frame rate.

The lobbies probably dont do anything because HV made them one player maps. It makes it easier to remove doubt that they are clearly for malicious use, because why else would you wait?

They are fanboys of Dimentio. Even if he isnt part of it, I’d stay clear of him.

I tried to enter his discord, and the server expects me to enter my arcade bank ID. Gee, thats not sketchy af