Hackers in the NA server

battlenet:://starcraft/map/1/357305 this is the arcade. report it

1 Like

That doesn’t even work now, my game froze in the history tab

1 Like

I happen to be in a parasite discord and lo and behold, highvoltage is in there. I haven’t seen anything inside the discord that alludes to it being behind anyone inside it, but it does confirm that this guy is indeed malicious. He has a post for a program he created to circumvent bans. I took a screenshot assuming ill get banned if they are behind it because they’ll see I’d have posted here lol

Crazy if they are though, insane the amount of toxicity parasite created

I thought it was my problem, I reinstalled the game and was still not working. should have come here to check first :joy:

2 Likes

Great, I thought it was just me since I was testing a custom arcade map. If only Blizzard actually monitored these forums…

1 Like

Temporary fix for custom at: Custom Games not loading Temp Fix

1 Like

Thanks. Simple and safe workaround. Unless this person is operating through tor somehow or something, I expect they won’t like the results of their actions. lol

htt ps://imgur.com/a/ZgAUEAV

posts in screenshot are by highvoltage

several people have mentioned a workaround but i couldnt find it in this threat so im state one that worked for me:
instead first click ‘campaign’ and then choose custom. from here you can create a game and instead of crashing youll just sit in your empty lobby since all players are crashing instead of finding your lobby. but you can just advertise in the chatroom /lobbylink

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/comments/1bcnxkn/sc2_going_not_responding_for_anyone_else/

This is what I’d describe as next level thinking. I just clicked into custom and then to “Arcade” before maps could load, but I would recommend this method if your computer is loading the lobbies faster than you can click away.

1 Like

This issue needs to be addressed, and QUICKLY, custom games is a crucial part of sc2, and without it, it isnt really sc2 anymore

3 Likes

Has this even been acknowledged by Blizzard yet?

It would be best to avoid the arcade completely until Blizzard fixes the exploit used to cause the freezes, someone might eventually figure out how to do something worse than freezing sc2 with it.

2 Likes

A user called Averis has been lag crashing all the StarBattle arcade games for about a year on the NA server and uses like hundreds of fake accounts to flood games. He’s also been harassing users in DMs. Tried opening a ticket with Blizzard and they told me they’d suspend my account if I did not drop the matter. Not sure they care that much.

3 Likes

I saw an image on reddit. Somebody had managed to see the lobby names. They suggest that our computers are now infected.

Blizzard needs to investigate this quickly, or they could be in a lot of hot water

Edit: Here’s the post with the attached image. Word of warning, the psycho used a lot of offensive language
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft2/s/3C73vCPOhz

1 Like

He’s at it again. The arcade is down again.

3 Likes

Many of these busted lobbies are being hosted by notorious trolls of the arcade map PARASITE.

They’ve been on a crusade to derail the version of the map they dislike in any way shape or form, so now they’ve resorted to a childish act of taking the entire arcade down in a way of saying “LOL FK U”

There is currently 8 broken lobbies being hosted in the NA Server.

1 Like

My computer got hit with a virus from this, be careful.

I’m also experiencing this problem now. Yesterday I could load into any custom game to practice. (I’m very new so I haven’t even played on the ladder yet.) I rely on these custom games to practice the game against AI lol.