H&H's Widow Mines

In addition to the above, boosting their range even further than the 7.5ish they have now goes against Han’s unit philosophy. She is supposed to lose units; that’s why they have death rattles. They take the fire and screen for the extremely valuable Horner units. It’s perfectly okay to lose some mines when detectors or Big Hybrid allow some of them to get destroyed, because that should be their role as mineral only sinks, in my opinion. It’s when you start tossing away very valuable vespene that it starts to become an issue.

3 Likes

What a silly debate lol.

Widow Mines cost 50/50/2 and takes 42s to make. And easily made in 5s.

Wrathwalkers cost 300/200/6 and takes 75s to make. And at most made from 3 Robo, usually 2.

Even if we don’t look at damage and splash radius. Having a high range high damage unit that can be made en mass and quickly is insane.

By that poor logic, should all Marines shoot like BCs too? Should all Stalkers shoot like Immortals? You know, since we are not using any intelligence here.

I don’t think there are any really ‘silly debates’ when it comes to people discussing their favorite units and how to make them better or more fun. Granted, some suggestions ARE really silly and perhaps not really that well thought out, but it seems a bit unnecessary to basically just troll/flame them rather than try to explain logically why such wouldn’t work or how it might be rather unbalanced.

If you really don’t have a stake in a particular debate/discussion or care to try to help others explain more moderate ideas/suggestions, then perhaps saying nothing is better than contributing essentially nothing but negativity to the discussion?

5 Likes

What negativity? Sarcasm is the game.

I don’t agree with the add range change to Widow Mines, or is that not obvious enough.

Didn’t flame on anything but pointing out how stupid it is to compare Wrathwalkers to Widow Mines.

Ironically, since there are no “silly debate”, then why are you so offended? Are others not allowed to chime in? Or is the “stake” only invested by you and whomever else you were discussing with previously?

Or is my opinion of “Widow Mines don’t need range increases” called “flame on” because perhaps you read too much into it? Especially considering I am only mocking that idea, which didn’t even stem from you.

It doesn’t have to be from me. The idea of needlessly insulting others, whoever they are, be it directly or with more veiled barbs, is just uncool in general, especially if you aren’t going to even at least contribute to the discussion in a productive manner.

There’s more than enough bad mojo on the general boards. It’s actually nice that for pretty much the most part, discussion here on the Coop forum is actually rather civil. Let’s keep it that way, is the point.

You may have meant them as sarcasm, but having often seen you post elsewhere, that particular post seemed out of place as rather mean-spirited and ‘pointed’ against Zhadoom. At least, it did to me. If you truly didn’t mean it as such, then very well, I’ll accept that. I was just trying to give you a little advice in the interests of keeping things positive and dandy, not berate or trigger you.

4 Likes

And I agree. To that end, if you feel offended that I pointed out that I thought comparing WM to WW is a terrible idea. By all means report me.

What I think though is that we can disagree (civil or not) but as long as we are on topic it’s fine. What doesn’t help despite your very nice sentiment though is trying to police the conversation (that may be morally good but actually derails it further by pulling me into another debate of moral conversation).

I still agree things would be better civil but your righteousness isn’t exactly contributing. I may take a hit but I honestly urge people to distinguish between “snarky comments that are on topic” versus “civil comments that are off topic, which is by definition trolling”.

They cost 75/25/2 and take 15s to make.

It really isn’t a fair comparison, but it isn’t something that I would question people’s intelligence for. If you’re struggling to understand Kirena’s response, I guess you missed that little condenscending comment of yours.

4 Likes

Hm, you’re right. I see how that came off a little harsh. Maybe that’s why @Kirena was so offended.

And the cost was definitely a typo from too many tabs. Thanks for pointing it out though.

And not flaming things on but that’s how a civil conversation should be. Pointing out specific things. People making general comments like “who are you to call so and so” isn’t really giving great feedback, just saying.

So imma leave the errors there in its entirety to showcase my mistakes lol.

2 Likes