GSL finals - balance discussion

it’s not a fact. it’s how you feel about it…

1 Like

no I just told you Maru is better on every metrics

Did you not read what I just said? Check any of the games, its better for maru

Rogue has had quite weak periods lately so what is happening cannot be said very unstable player

all i saw was maru getting dumped on… he didn’t look better

because of how weak terran is. How blind can you be, little :sheep: ?

now that’s just too good. maru is the best, he just doesn’t win al lthe time cuz his race is weak. gooooooooooooold

2 Likes

its actual fact. Everybody knows it. I’m 100% sure your zerg and protoss are better than your terran because terran is harder. Just admit it so we can move on okay?

Okay

No, roach styles are dead and they’re dead for a good reason. The tank buffs and liberator addition make them completely non-viable and it’s an old enough strategy it’s very well understood. The fact that Maru lost to it is frankly a disgrace. I was starting to think he was a top Terran, up there with the likes of Innovation, but these finals have cemented my view that he’s only won Code S because of proxies. In no universe should a terran player lose to mass roach styles, especially not 4 times in a row.

2 Likes

Yep exactly. It is such a bad style nobody does it which ironically made Maru completely unprepared for it. Against any random ladder opponent however, Rogue would win maybe 1 in 10 games (the 1 being maru).

Seeing a “top” terran get completely smashed by one of the worst styles in the game really shows just how huge of a skill gap there is between him and Rogue.

…but Batman said quite the contrary. Maru is the best player in the Universe and Rogue should have lost 4:0 if game were “balnced” Batman-style.
He even opened a petition a couple of hours ago.

The looney bins were built for psychos like that - it’s only a matter of time until they break some law, are nabbed and tucked away in a white jump-suit. Am I supposed to care?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mr. BatZ you have a typo in your sentence: not white jumpsuits but…orange ones…
Unless the uniform of inmates in Loonie-Bins are …white?

But but but the scientist man told me the white suit was to protect me! All it does is make it so I can’t scratch my head! Please this is torture! I will never bash a flowered pot over my neighbors head ever again. I know the demons aren’t real!

2 Likes

you can call me a looney or anything you want but im objectively right, Maru is the best player in the world and he simply should not lose.

Look at this, this is actual poesy. Absolutely amazing

The best player in the world would not lose 4-1 to one of the worst playstyles in the game. When your theory is based on the denial of evidence and the inversion of obvious truths (such as the definitions of words), you’re a liar. It’s that simple. So stop lying.

4 Likes

yeah right, either that or the zerg race’s worst style is still too broken in the hand of anyone with any kind of brain. I guess you can guess my option. You guys are dumb as rock, justifying he isn’t the best because he lost 4-1. He lost 4-1 because terran is insanely weak. Thats the whole point of the arguments, thanks for saying im right.

Also its not a bad playstyle, its an awkward timing that hits precisely in a time of weakness for terran. Rogue knew he could take Maru on in a game where skill mattered so he abused terran being weak. Congratz

Kid balance doesn’t affect the absolute top. The absolute top is dominated by much larger variables like skill, chance, map pool, etc.

Rogue beat Maru because Maru played worse. It’s that simple. When 4 roaches are sniping and killing command centers, there’s a big problem in the Terran’s play.

Maybe if Maru actually played well you could make a case that he deserved to win because he was the better player. But when he is making droves of very basic mistakes it’s a skill problem and not balance.

As soon as I saw his fourth base on fire down to 1% health and seeing he only put 1 SCV to repair it I immediately knew it was going to be sniped, especially with how much pressure Rogue was putting on and the fact that Rogue also had roach burrow. Mistakes like that are simply put braindead. No person on planet Earth looks at play like that and says he’s the best player on Earth. Sorry. You’re lying if you say Maru is the GOAT.

then why do you complain when protoss wins tournament at pro level you dummy?

Because we’re dealing with hundreds of games instead of 5. Over a large sample, the variability of non-balance factors averages out to zero. It’s called the central limit theorem. With a sample of 5 games there is absolutely no way these factors have averaged out and that means the results are dominated by those factors and not by balance.

well im not just complaining about just the finals, im saying in general Z in favoured against T.