Game hits all time low

2 Years of Zerg players winning north of 60% of tournaments did that. Watch what happens to the viewership numbers when ZVZ is on…

But of course, there has to always be that one moron who points the finger at Terran.

7 Likes

i dunno, i’m playing a lot less right now because terran, nerf that thor, it’s so silly.

1 Like

You are absolutely right there. Most of terran players gets bored of zerg turtle until zerg late game units spam.

I guess playing as protoss against swarm hosts isn’t fun either.

So what do you propose? Should we first nerf nydus swarm hosts especially VS protoss and VS mech in some cases or overall zerg turtle?

3 Likes

Getting tired of turtle terran. Builds all planetary and mines, and techs up… So boring. _

2 Likes

Maps should put everything in Zerg favor atm. Not so much actual balance. The win rates are heavily in the non-Terran player’s favor atm.

that’s weird, my zerg friends and i all discuss how we can’t beat terran…

It’s been a short period of time. The meta could settle on Terran being a lot stronger in the long run.

TvT sucks because Vikings are broken and Siege Tanks are too good against ground units. Nydus and Swarm Hosts are stupid and I’m pretty sick of those. Warp Prisms are still pretty stupid and so is the medivac boosting. And it doesn’t help that the maps aren’t really good to play on, they look great but also look bad to watch and play.

Blizz should probably stop trying to give every unit a role after their primary job’s done.

1. Vikings for example, bonus to mechanical so they have a purpose once they clear air units hurt TvT the most.
  2. Corruptors vomiting on buildings after clearing air units is just stupid and actually broken for how much DPS it has.
  3. Swarm Hosts, Locusts have insane DPS for a unit that has so little commitment and only got worse in LotV.
  4. Siege Tanks, doing so much damage makes them even more oppressive in all matches than they used to. They had a purpose before the damage buffs that was fine in TvZ against Roach styles and TvT but now they’re just everywhere.
  5. I’m not sure Blizz knows what to do with the Thor, pretty sure it’s no joke when people say Goliath is better off replacing it.
  6. Terran has no ground defense that doesn’t require supply besides the PF and we can’t use those for everything. Bunkers or nothing when it comes to base defense that covers more than just part of the workers.
  7. Banshees and Medivacs just zooming around. Medivacs especially constantly getting movement buffs. I guess base movement is fine but the boost isn’t necessary.

There is just too much to really list. But it won’t hurt my feelings if the balance team wants to actually start removing units from the game and changing the balance more. Also doesn’t hurt to actually bring back some of the smaller maps and maybe some of those cheese maps. Game-ending moments need to be a thing because falling behind usually means you need to surrender or turtle until the opponent makes a mistake or you at least catch up in upgrades.

But for real, it would be nice if they actually remove some units from the game and make balance changes. Trying to change units like Corruptor, Swarm Host, Viking and Siege Tank (and more) so they can fit more roles has actually done more harm than good over time. These units should be relegated to a support role for specific reasons, all-purpose infantry are supposed to be the Zerglings(Edit: I guess Hydralisk now too), Roaches, Marines and Zealots/Adepts/Stalkers or w/e Protoss’ core unit is. (edit: depending on the style I guess? Point is that there are core units that are meant to be all-purpose then there are units to support them. Now everything has been moving to all-purpose)

I’m actually beginning to miss HotS more, or at least earlier LotV when things were still mostly good. Map pool really doesn’t help.

Zergs turtle for the same reason. Terran’s ability to hyper-turtle allows them to be hyper-aggressive which the zerg has to respond with with hyper turtling. The problem is definitely with terran’s design.

1 Like

Yeah I really don’t get all the people saying it’s zerg’s fault. Zerg only turtles in 1 matchup and that’s ZvT meanwhile turtle games occur in all three Terran matchups, with TvT being by far the most turtly matchup in the game. The design flaw is definitely terran’s.

2 Likes

The same people who got rid of the 6 worker game start because the early game was “too slow” are the ones who have doubled and tripled game lengths for no blasted reason. Games are still won or lost at the 5-15 minute mark, but go on to the 30-60 minute mark. They thought “game ending moments” were too harsh on casual players, but do casual players like hour long games?

2 Likes

More accurate to say it happened after BliZvZcon.

4 Likes

You complain about one of the key-features of a race (holding position) in a game that strongly promotes expansion? Every smart player knows that turtling in starcraft will be bad in the long term, you’re just complaining about player bad habits, it’s not a matter of game design… There is a reason for Terran buildings needing a lot of surface, you know? Yeah let’s nerf the sieging units of Terrans, they already have the stronger production and the most powerful units of the game.

Will your circus ever end?

2 Likes

Isn’t the Korean GM like nearly 50% Protoss?

Terrans could do this in HotS without dragging out lost games for an hour. Being a race that controls zones doesn’t equate to being a hyper turtle race that is impossible to kill. That’s like making zerglings free so zerg can really be the swarm race, and when people criticize this obviously broken mechanic, you accuse them of “complaining about one of the key features of a race”.

The feature isn’t the problem, the strength of the feature is.

Ironic that you fail to mention any of toss bs

There is way too much to go over, enough to probably make a short novel. The whole game is pretty much a mess. It’s still kinda fun to play once in a while casually but by no means is it fun to play seriously anymore. Since playing seriously implies you want to win and there’s a lot of stupid things now that basically ruined what this game was built around.

Just in case I need to mention, no I am not a Protoss player; I’m a Terran player so much of what I know off the top of my head is Terran related. It’s the best perspective I can give without writing a short novel.

1 Like

No one enjoys the game when its zergcraft 2. It has nothing to do with it being Turtlecraft 2.

4 Likes

What are the changes which made Terrans super-turtling respect to Hots, in your opinion?

Mostly nothing deals any damage anymore, and there is no way to actually punish turtling. The game is farr too safe, most of the time.

In Brood War, spells would almost instantly delete units and cripple entire armies. In Starcraft 2, only Xerg has strong spells, and even then not strong enough to destroy whole armies on their own.