Forum Suggestion

Create a requirement for a minimum amount of SC2 matches before allowing topic creation outside of Technical Support.

Reason:
Forum trolls creating new accounts just to post inflammatory/vulgar messages because getting banned doesn’t mean anything with free accounts if there’s no pre-requisite time investment that would be lost on ban.

14 Likes

This is a solid idea how many games though?

4 Likes

+1
20 characters…

4 Likes

Would 10 games be too little? 20? Also, Versus, Coop, Custom? A lot of details to work out…but this seems good to reduce troll posts

3 Likes

Idk, I figure like…30 games of Versus or Coop that way you have a feel for whatever it is you’re talking about? But that might be too much.

1 Like

I’d rather just have an ignore button.

2 Likes

the took it away from us, i’ve asked them to bring it back but they don’t do much for us.

1 Like

The whole Internet should be free to say whatever they want, no matter the consequences.

1 Like

The freedom of one ends where the freedom of another starts, so you are not allowed to insult someone, because “its my freedom of speech”.

You are 100% able to exercise freedom of speech even if it hurts someones feelings. That is called “don’t get butt hurt over every little thing.” One should accept the consequences of their actions if they go around insulting people, but that is just the younger generation’s huge entitlement attitude “freedom of one ends where freedom of another starts.”

Edit: To be on topic, I think a match number requirement could be a place to start, but I think a lot of trolls will just enter a match and quit right away to hit that quota. I think the ignore button would be the best way.

1 Like

Incorrect. Individuals, organizations, and companies that host a platform have a right, given by the concept of freedom of speech, to determine what kinds of speech that they want to host on their platform.

Freedom of Speech only protects you from government censorship and actually protects the right of platform owners to determine what is and is not appropriate for their platform. If you’re unhappy with the rules of a given platforms, or all platforms, there is nothing stopping you going to another or creating your own.

To feel safe, you open the door to abuse.
You are like a man that releases a bear from his cage, because a lion has escaped.

This is also wrong. Every attempt to this, has been boycotted to death, by concerted corporate effort.

1 Like

No it is not. The SJWs who actually think that way are a tiny minority of the millennial generation.

Tone policing and “fake outrage” over little things like cursing or pointing out problems in society that they would prefer to ignore is actually far more common among the older generations.
Censorship in the United States is also disproportionately used against younger and more liberal individuals in practice.

All I did was explain how it factually works in the reality we live in. You’re the only one deluded about how this works.

Having an unpopular platform isn’t the same as being boycotted. There is literally nothing stopping you from purchasing a domain, creating a website, setting up a server, and purchasing advertising for your platform besides your own attitude.

I agree but there will be the snowflake syndrom:

it is tooo elitist for me waaah… I feel defamed for someone with more experience wanting to dismiss my claim waaaaah

I would say make even the league requirement so you dont get silver trolls to call you out clueless, or a pleb but heh then the forum would be too HOSTILE champ cant stand the hostility…

problem would be, that not everyone is playing on the na server. so every euro would have to play on na with lag.

Uhm… Im sorry, but thats not true. Censorship is being used against people with differing ideas and as a political tool. Mostly from the far left against right wingers, but also moderates.

6 Likes

The only issue I have with this is there are legitimate reasons for a Silver leaguer to post, such as asking for help in improving their play.

That is a narrative often pushed by the alt right when they’re told saying the n-word while being white is wrong.

In reality, even on Leftbook, you’re far less likely to get in trouble posting a racist meme about people of color than you are posting a meme calling out ypipo for posting racist memes.

1 Like