Forgives Kerrigan but not Mengsk?

Good game, well played

2 Likes

Thank you, and thank all of you, actually; this is the most stimulating online discussion I’ve ever had, so I am very glad it happened.

1 Like

This place is where I have learned existence of several argumentation fallacies, the word verisimilitude, and found out that using link as evidence is trolling.

Last one is quite recent and frankly hillarious.

2 Likes

everyone is forgetting that Nova campaing has dialogues that he will build cruises until the fleet arrives in his penultimate mission, since WoL has emphasized the capacity of the Terran automated factories that are capable of manufacturing anything if it has the raw materials and manufacturing drawings

• Reigel: We’ll be able to construct [battlecruisers] on our next mission, Nova. I’ve developed upgrades for them, if you’re interested.
    The Mission[

• Horner: Enemy forces are moving down the central streets in these locations. Additionally, I’ve summoned the [Dominion Fleet] to help us, but it’ll be some time before they arrive. Once they’re here, our battlecruisers will have no problem blasting through the Tal’darim. Until then, you’ve been cleared to build your own.

• Reigel: We already have the plans. First, we must construct a [fusion core], then the ships themselves will require a vast number of resources.

The part I don’t understand is why a link is by its nature trolling. Was gonna write out a whole tl;dr but that may be overkill. If you have like a Bureau of Justice online statistic, and you’re being asked by online buddies to get them, for example, what is the ratio of men to women incarcerated in federal prisons, how can you deliver the results without a citation?

The last one was a joke. Seriously that’s not my line of thought.
But that of one wondeful chap known as Sayian.

Fun person.

To get some understanding.

1 Like

Lol I see what you mean now.

My personal observation on this sort of thing is, PvP folks sometimes wander into PvE forums. I am going to go out on a limb and guess Sayian was such a person. Not that all PvP people are bad, or antyhing, but PvE hangouts tend to be more mellow in general.

I run a couple goofy fanthreads in the Overwatch official forums, I had to train all my forum friends to ignore the occasional “this thread needs to be burned with fire” visitor.

He wasn’t PvP. He had low number of posts in general.

I wouldn’t call this place too mellow. It’s just the lack of new story-based gameplay content.

But we’re “trained” for these people.

A, we are a small community, so we know each other quite well after all that time and… some initial hostilities. Heh.

B, we’ve dealt with this sort of people, but much more persistent type.

Unfortunately, Bliz seems to be preferring repetitive content and staying more and more away from campaigns. Sadly, a Starcraft shooter was recently canceled to make more staff for Diablo and Overwatch projects. It had been developed for a while, too; I remember hearing that it might have shed light on how Protoss families work, how the kids are born and such.

I’ve suggested using the co-op model to make a new Starcraft campaign, as most of the campaign mechanics already exist for this concept, but as with most suggestions it never went anywhere.

What I mean by this is, let’s say you’re undertaking a campaign mission as Vorazun, she already exists as a commander, so they give you a Nexus and a few probes and what you can do to solve the mission is within Vorazun’s coop commander parameters. Since each coop commander has unique abilities and unit concepts, Bliz would just have to write up campaign missions and a story to make this work.

Unfortunately, it’s just a dream on my part. BUT! We can dream, right?

TBH, aside from an SC3, nothing would get me more hyped about Blizzard than a D4 or D2R announcement. They can cancel as many hypothetical FPS games they want.

It wasn’t actually hypothetical anymore, it was well into development. D4 is one of the projects it’s hypothesized the staff working on the SC thing got redirected to. Most people I talked to think that it’s because after last year’s Diablo Immortal debacle, Blizzard can’t afford to further disappoint the Diablo franchise fans and has to give something concrete at this year’s Blizcon. Regardless, whether I just heard rumors or it’s true, Blizcon is close enough that we’ll find out soon.

We’ll see. I’m not super bummed about the cancellation of the Starcraft FPS, because I hate the genre, but I get it because if they had cancelled, say a Starcraft RPG, I’d be ticked.

I’m trying very hard to avoid any excitement about Diablo until something is confirmed, given, well you know. But I love the franchise so if they are putting resources into a real Diablo game, that would be great.

I think the problem with the FPS being canceled was that it would still have provided SC lore regardless of game format. I mentioned this already but there was something (I am hazy on the details) about like hatcheries where baby Protoss were incubated. I cannot think of very much detail given anywhere about how Protoss families function, beyond that there is indeed families.

Like, Raszagal is Vorazun’s mother, and since there are male Protoss there must be a need for a male in the Protoss family/procreation. That hatchery thing that we’ll never see is the most detail I can think of ever hearing as shedding light on it.

Admittedly, I asked about this point in co-op forums ages ago, and people had quite a few other things to add but I don’t remember because it’s been so long. And the campaigns themselves have next to nothing.

As for Diablo 4, I personally am pretty confident something will be announced this year. The “cell phone” thing is a universal facepalm for Bliz fans even now, in my opinion they have a very good reason to try and wipe that from the fans’ memory.

Are you sure he kneel to her? I thought he kneel to Ouros. The ‘She is a Xel’naga’ happen afterward.

I’m pretty sure Artanis was just having a moment in general. His feelings were almost certainly deeply mixed, as were Raynor’s.

I am pretty sure that in the actual campaign cinematic he said “she is Xel’naga” and knelt to her, yes. It does sound according to a lot of people that he wasn’t as unequivocal about it as the cinematic made it seem.

Edit: This is the cinematic. It looks like he says the bit from the kneel but it’s not certain whether he’s kneeling to Ouros or to her.

Later works clarify that he harbors a lot of resentment towards her for it, because he felt it was his peoples’ legacy, not a (former) terran mass murderess. But he cant really say anything because his literal god is the one making the decision.

Thanks for pointing this out! Unfortunately, I haven’t read the novels or read the comics, I just played the campaigns. It sounds like there’s a bunch of lore I am not familiar with.

Specifically, this is in StarCraft: Evolution, where Valerian and Artanis are talking about Artanis’ misgivings. It takes place well after the Epilogue.

Is that a game like Brood War?