Flux Vanes for Vorazun

I think it’s better to have it under research, and have us decide which one we want first, based on enemy comp, mission, etc. It sticks to the general 2-research per unit pattern “Tech upgrades”.

Maybe it’s announcer specific? The Vorazun-announcer says “Research Complete” and “Upgrade Complete”. Also, aren’t the Research called “Tech upgrades”?

Yes. For the current ladder version, Prismatic Alignment ability is player-activated for a short period, during which the Void Rays’ speed is reduced. It’s nearly as slow as the Co-op version.

Even with the Flux Vanes upgrade, while PrisAlign is active, movement speed is reduced. Since Vorazun’s rays have them perma-on, it’s effectively that reduced speed (slower). The version for Co-op would then be FV speed at all times with PrisAlign as well as Prismatic Range, which I think is a bit OP.

From the Oct 2019 Balance update (for ladder) https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/starcraft2/23159844/starcraft-ii-balance-update-2019:

New upgrade found on the Fleet Beacon: Flux Vanes

• Increases the Void Ray’s movement speed from 3.5 to 4.65.
  • Increases the Void Ray’s acceleration from 2.8 to 3.76.
  • After the upgrade, the Prismatic Alignment ability will still reduce the Void Ray’s movement speed to 2.625.

Vora’s version’s speed is 2.25 (https://starcraft2coop.com/tools/unitstats), 30% slower than ladder. Even if lower than ladder speeds, making it like the ladder version/behaviour would be better, minus that we don’t have to research Pris Align. 3.25 seems reasonable compared to her Corsairs, which have mov speed 4.

That might be too fast, considering :arrow_up:

Also like Stalkers with Phase Reactor - to have increased Shield Regen while cloaked from the blink, along with the Strike from the Shadows and Emergency Recall passives.

Ah, I never noticed that. Not sure which passive is responsible for that. Maybe the 15% attack speed passive under DP triggers the PA? But only one level? Probably a bug. :shushing_face: