Fix the cheese!

Except the fact that all those “strategies” have only one thing in common: rushing. You want to beat your opponent as quickly as possible without even investing into later stages of the game. Most cheesers won’t even transition if their cheese fails - they will straight up leave the game. Frankly i don’t understand mentality of cheesers. If you want only to play short games lasting 4-5 minutes then why do you play ? Go play snake instead.

1 Like

I 12 pool Protoss build order

Pool drone drone drone overlord

Once pool open 3 larva and queen wait 300 mins to expand again.

Depending if I get their and they did poor job or expanding first I force down sending more lings and build drone off larva drops.

Or they build decent and block my lings I refocus on economy make small hits to see what his build up. Norma if they wall with cannons focus on air expand to spire

I don’t really understand the mentality I don’t care if its short or long and TBH if we went to 6 drones it would not be short anymore. To me why build workers all game i want to see units fight right.

Yea I never do pool first I spam hatches and just try and hold the first push and if I get to 6 minutes I probably win.

1 Like

Yes that is why it is called a strategy game…not macro and a-move game.
If there was zero risk to economic descisions this game would have been boring as hell.
And telling yourself ‘I am better than them because I play macro’ is just straight making a fool off yourself.

1 Like

Did you read my comment above ?

I absolutely stand by this. I was a bit annoyed when I made a bit of dispute with a member or mod of Frost Giant , was telling him that the game shouldn’t be expandcraft, as in ability to cancel expand and win for this based on maps or other reasons should be present. They greatly disagreed that an early harass or all in should cancel or kill the expanding player. This was just opinion by the way between both. Though others also said was unfun to cancel expanding… I was like: MEH

(other game Zero Space, was the opposite, it started as war3 - heroes with very little to macro and mostly 1 bases, players/pros complained that it was too all in 1 base → they decided to make it more expanding

So sadly this is the reality, as much as I want to cancel expanders like in war3 they tell me ‘RTS is about making bases thus → has to be advantage’

I particularly have a prob when expanding cannot be canceled. In case of Zerg is understandable where the production comes from more expands (hatcheries) But for any other game there is no excuse expander to be always at advantage and the all-iner who wants to cancel greed to be - the loser who doesnt expand