First COs you've did Prestige, and why did you choose them?

Alarak first back when p3 sucked, H&H, and then zeratul just because (didn’t like him at first)

I just started a few days ago. Went with Karax, then Swann. I haven’t finished either of them before the ADD kicked in and now I am on Mengsk.

1 Like

Kerrigan, if I remember correctly, wanted her P3, was a nightmare to relevel her up three stinken times I’m not even level 15 with her P3 yet, lol–but I’ve unlocked it!

Karax because each of his prestige provided offensive, defensive, and supportive strategy.

2 Likes

I did Kerrigan first because she’s amazing. All the way to P3.

My god, does she suck to level. So weak before she gets her attack speed buff (which made P2 extra terrible…).

Raynor. Even in theory, Stimmarines with the stabilizer medpack in the medics basically make Marines into the most busted crap ever when combined with Backwater Marshal’s bonus, honestly not having access to mules also makes him, in a way, one of the easiest to counter stealth with since you can finally use scanner sweep at all and it doesn’t prove to be wasted dev time.

Honestly I like it the most, I sometimes really don’t like mules even existing. Am just not a fan of “You have to use X or you just lose” with no real way around it. “Play your way” but only so long as the game’s design allows. I get to have all of Terran’s best defensive toys, I get to go full bio without guilt AND I get to ignore the existence of mules? BRUH.

I’m a huge fan of Raynor P1 for the same reasons. Experts state having MULES to churn infantry and mech is superior (higher skill ceiling, but you can do much more with that), which I can agree with. However, I find dealing with MULES is such a pain-in-the-ars that that alone got me to stop playing Raynor. I look forward to trying out Kerrigan’s P1 for similar reasons.

I’m currently doing Raynor’s P2, and yeah, MULES are back on the table :\ It’s not as bad as I remember, but between these 2 I prefer his P1. I hear his P3 is nice, so will want to try that before I crown his P1 as my supreme choice.

No Mules are legitimately extremely powerful, I just personally hate what macro abilities have turns Starcraft 2 into, anytime a game designer makes part of their game based on choice, but then has elements that are 100% something you have to get, quite simply, they lose the ability to call themselves a designer because a real or a good designer could come up with better alternatives that are fully optional but still do something roughly similar, like the Reactor, they’re optional but using one can save you minerals at the cost of vespene, but it can’t lift off so you also invest into something without mobility.

I just hate that Orbital commands have scanner sweep and Mules and the meta is to literally never use scanner sweep. Mules create a paradox of a feature having been wasted due to how powerful they are. Wasted dev time is evidence of a poorly designed game or a game with poorly designed aspects, simply put.

So I like playing Terran commanders that can’t use them and to do well because in a way, it laughs in the face of those supposed experts who mostly just use metas and never create them.

What are you guys talking about there lol.

There is never a “forced” design to use MULE over scan. It’s two available option used at your own discretion.

Choosing to never cast MULE as non-p1 is also a choice you can freely make. It’s a stupid choice but it’s a choice none the less. Any and all MULE cast simply add to your mineral income without any drawback. More MULE nets more mineral nets more bio is all. Less or no MULE, you get less per time frame. Not a big deal either way. Meta isn’t some “look at how good I am” catch phrase. It just is a commonly agreed optimal approach. To laugh at meta is to laugh at your own ignorance.

Similarly, if you choose to solely or partially use scan then that’s fine. Nobody at all or design-wise is forcing anyone to stop casting scans (short of running out energy).

To cast scan before 7min of any mission is basically a pointless action, as 99.9% of situations don’t require one. So yeah, not sure why these two concepts bothers you two. When you get 10-11min. Your Raynor’s entire infrastructure and army is online, with plenty of MULE and scans to cast for days on end while raining bio throughout. So really that’s 4-5min tops per mission where you’re faced with “should I save a scan and not use MULE”. And since it’s takes a good 90sec in game for about 50energy on OC, you’re really faced with the choice a few times all game long.

Count me confused.

1 Like

If I am facing an enemy comp with cloaks, I build a third CC when I am playing p1 Raynor just so I don’t run out of energy. If I am playing a non P1 raynor, I’ll have 6-8 CCs to cover for mules / scans. Usually I don’t run out of energy but it took a lot of practice to buffer between the two.

If we are comparing p1 vs p0 / p2 raynors, I will say p0 / p2 are better with the scans.

Yes I agree with this.

2 Likes

I also agree utilizing some kind of mech has a higher skill ceiling but is also more versatile, it’s why I always get at least one starport for banshees or vikings, depending who I’m fighting really. Sometimes after I get lvl6 again, I’ll get Battlecruisers instead and max them out after my bio is maxed. Tbh I find two CCs are fine enough with scans though I only play Hard right now.
Need to find myself a Co-op buddy that doesn’t do “Do literally nothing but macro for 15 minutes and THEN roll out with a massive army of mech” all the time, I’m not yet there where I can solo a map on brutal for 15 minutes in missions that are basically all timed except for one out of literally like 16 or 20 others.

I thought we were discussing “stupid choice” as something to be avoided.

In that case, you always have the option of NOT sending Dehaka out. I’ve seen plenty of people have him rockslap, and we still win the game none of the less. I’ve seen Karax players not use SoA lasers. I’ve seen non-P1 Kerrigan’s never use Omega Worms. Plenty of Swann players never touch Hercules.

Some of these are less ideal than others, but you get the idea.

abathur because he was my favorite, but i reset my key bindings and now i can’t rapid fire biles and it makes me sadface

its working now tho, weird. Back to playing Aba/nova then! Been playing zeratul a lot lately, p3 is pretty stronk

I did Abathur, Alark, Zeratual, Stukov, Hans/Horner, Dhaka and Nova first. I picked them all on the same day.
Abathur for infinite leviathan/Brutalisks
Zeratual for infinite abilities.
Hans/Horner for the cap on the bombers and for 20% off on gas.
Alark for his Mothership and voids.
Stukov for his % off machines and horde.
Dhaka for his clone.
Nova for her cloak.

1 Like

Ouch. Aiming for infinity, then being violently called back to reality from the start (when you realize missions are over long before you get anywhere close to “infinite”, let alone “a lot”).
Actually probably also apply to H&H.

Dang… nearly all of these are at P3. Oh well, hope it wasn’t too bad to get there. I myself ended up enjoying some of the P1’s and P2’s to get to P3 at least.

If I do Random Mission and it’s a fast mission like L&L, VT, or RtK, then sort of suck it up, and play without using those P3’s (+)s. I have tried picking specific missions that last beyond 25 minutes to really have fun with those though.

1 Like

It is not that bad. I have been playing lately, because I saw the prestige. I was playing a lot of Ark Evloved. Just got board of it, becuase of the long game of breeding your dinos and beasts to get them to go with you on quests. Beside that, I do get bored with SC2 COOP. I just stop playing for the day. It helps if you have a music list playing in the background, watching tv, or get up and do some exercises every once in a while.

Beside all that, I find that some of the commanders are not worth prestiging. Stuckov’s best prestige is the 2nd one. His mechs are the best units, than the horde one. Alarks, Dhaka, Nova, maybe Hans/Horner, and maybe Albathur p4 are the best. I have looked at everyone’s elses prestiges and found they are lacking a lot.

1 Like

I had the initial rush to get me through. That, and I haven’t played in almost a year! I finished all of Karax’ prestiges in 1 week. Now, I’m down to roughly 1 per week. Part of it is I’m down to the COs I’m less excited about, but also just want to be doing other things too.

HH to P2
Mengsk to P2

Why, to make starships and Royal Guard, of course

It’s been a while, but I think my first 3 were Artanis, Tychus, and Stukov. I had just come off a hiatus and wanted to start with relatively easy to play commanders, plus I think I was the most excited for Artanis’ prestiges. I was curious about how the latter two’s prestiges would play out too.

After that, I did Swann, Zagara, and Alarak. I was definitely excited for Alarak’s talents, curious about how Swann’s would work out, and equally excited and curious about Zagara’s.

1 Like