Favorite tech trees? Least favorite?

I guess Swann since he bypasses a whole, traditional tier…

Barracks Factory → Star Port → add-on since many of us spring for Science Vessels eventually. It’s pretty trim tree since it starts off at “T2”.

I like how with Kerrigan and Zagara, they don’t need an auxiliary structure to upgrade from Lair to Hive.

Fenix is nice b/c you can just build whatever you want, when you want.

Karax… you only need Rob Bay OR Fleet Beacon for lv3 Solar Forge upgrade. However, I use Immortals and their Shadow Cannon a lot that it’s in most of my builds.

No favorites but I hate Stetmann’s and Zagara’s the most. One has a ton of upgrades to research and the other is just too simple.

Fenix level 10+
Best tech tree is no tech tree.

3 Likes

Dehaka’s by far. Since Dehaka has really cool looking structures that look and feel different then most other zerg structures. With a unique build order.

I second Fenix since having no tech tree is the best tech tree.

1 Like

Zeratul has essentially no tech tree since it’s based solely on collecting artifacts which naturally happens anyways. It’s nice when looking for a low energy game.

1 Like

They’re still intertwined, as you still need to build the appropriate buildings. A common mistake remains that people collect all the AF, but don’t make the Rob. Bay, so all of the ability upgrades that would go towards such units (X’N Watcher, X’N Enforcer, Abrogator, and Void Prism) remain missing.