Essence of a Xel'Naga

If Kerrigan was using void energy in the last epilogue mission they wouldn’t have made it explicit that she was using something else.

There is a big difference between having a different interpretation (Why Dugalle was so easily used by Duran is a question you can plausibly answer in a few different ways for example.) and deliberately ignoring the actual text. I can’t argue that Sauron forged the one ring out of love and understanding when the literal actual text of the book tells me he used his hate and malice.

Common sense and the status quo dictate that different words mean different things. Celestial and void are different unless proven otherwise. Psionic energy types in StarCraft have also never been subsets of one another; they’ve always been unique.

If you want to argue that’s not the case, the burden of proof is on you. It’s not our job to find references proving you wrong, it’s your job to find references proving your extraordinary position.

Otherwise I could just say anything I want. Raynor was a Xel’Naga the whole time. Stetman is Abathur’s son. Prove me wrong.

6 Likes

@Saiyan

Okay, man, I think I understand your problem now. Your idea while, indeed, self-consistent; it’s super unconventional. You use many extrapolated assumptions and supplement material.

You have to understand that everyone interprets this game and its lore differently. We look at the same game and cutscenes; and perceives them to mean different thing. So unless you explain your point clearly nobody is going to understand your point and think that you just wrong. I’ll admit that most of us don’t explain the fundamentals of our interpretation anymore, but that’s because we have been at it for eight years. A lot of stuff is just is, because we had argued it extensively and arrive at such conclusions.

To make the matter worst, you’re in habit of extrapolated your assumptions and idea beyond the scope of its in game portrait. No one is going to be able to follow your thought and keep up with your idea. We each have our own mind. We could extrapolate, but we will not reach the same destination.

Finally, you like to add some supplement information to help making your idea coherent. How can anyone or I know what those are? If you do something like this, then you need to justify it. And explain clearly why we should accept it.

Ironically, for someone who like to add additional lore, you seem to have a lot of trouble understand that the same thing couldn’t happen in game. Take this Xel’Naga’s essence for example. Yes, they’re born of the Void, but what make you think they’re bound to it and can only wield its power? Exclusively? And when the writer added a completely new type of psionic power, the celestial, why don’t you accept that it’s different thing?

Anyway, my suggestion is that you try to re-examines your idea and all your argument. See what is your interpretation, what is your extrapolated assumptions and what is your supplement material. And understand that unless you explain to us clearly, we can’t accept your extrapolation and supplemented. Your direct interpretation of the lore is fine; you might not even need to cite your source of that.

We needed a “good cop”.