Does emp reveal barrowed lurkers

just wondering never seen it happen

no, it doesn’t reveal them.

thanks miro =]}.!!!

1 Like

Maybe it should, even it doesn’t make much sense.

I mean lurker attack cancels the Ghosts’ snipe. (That is the only ability that is cancealed by an attack).

Snipe is most over power I would love to no bio tag just so people would see how dumb ability.

Biggest problem they have over lapping ranges

It has siege tank that has 13 range and 10 and 9 range air to protect it, Thor and Viking. What little weakness it does have can be easily protected.

Look Viper has probably the best ability in the game.

You can abduct ANY unit Carrier/BC/Collosi etc, and instantly snag and kill this unit.

And top of all you can regenerate energy using building HP. How the fk can you complain about the ghost?

(Should I even add you can neural an ghost and emp the other ones?)

That is to attempt to prevent Snipe from being too problematic, since stackable damage spells tend to lead to a mass-caster situation that is very unhealthy for the game. Seeker Missiles was explicitly replaced because of that, and AAM continued to cause problems until the initial damage was reduced to zero. I would still argue that Snipe/Steady-Targeting was a mistake that needs to be replaced by something almost completely different, but that isn’t my call. The interrupt and ability to “miss” units that run away are “attempts” to allow the opponent some counterplay, but it still causes players to mass a lot of Ghosts.

Most other damage spells have some explicit limitations that discourage this mass-caster scenario.

• Feedback and EMP are both tied to a resource on the target unit (like shields or energy) that limits the damage that they can inflict.
  • Other AOE spells (Fungal, Parasitic Bomb, Storm) are almost always designed such that damage is lost when you apply multiple spells on top of each-other.
  • Units like Widow Mines and Disruptors are extremely specialized, with many limiting factors in an attempt to keep them in line. It is almost more accurate to classify these as combat units despite using a spell for damage.
  • Yamato Cannons is mostly kept in line by limiting its uses (6-supply unit with a long effective cooldown) such that using it on most units is wasteful, and by ensuring that the Battlecruiser has counters effective enough to kill Battlecruisers despite firing Yamato Cannons (Vikings, Corruptors, Infestors with NP, etc). That said, Yamato Cannons tends to create a gap where 3/4 supply combat units can rarely function as effective counters–Both Scouts and Void Rays fail as Battlecruiser counters if Yamato is available for this reason.
2 Likes