Do you type GG back?

So i ran into a guy who would type gg, and stay for another minute, and says im a bm sh1t because i didn’t type GG back… is this actually a normal way of thinking? I really want to know.

It’s polite to gg back. But I would never take offense or get upset if someone didn’t give one back to me.

4 Likes

Usually yes if I get the opportunity to; sometimes they leave before I can. But if I get cannon rushed, I generally just leave and go next.

depends on game.

sometimes i might even say wp

1 Like

I don’t see any reason to write that. You can be polite and write gg, you can be neutral and write nothing, you can be toxic and bm. I personally go with 2nd. I might write gg if somebody really surprised me with their play.

“gg” means good game.
If it wasn’t a good game (in coop I can be unsatisfied with my performance even if it “somehow worked”), no reason to say gg.
If that person played like she speak, it was probably normal to not say gg here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I tell them they need a bigger hammer.

In solo “gg” often means “I surrender”, so it’s not necessary to respond. In Co-op it’s customary for both players to give “gg”, because it means “you played well”. Although formally “gg” stands for a “good game”, it can also be used after a bad game. In that scenario it means “goodbye”/“I surrender”. Even in pro games winners don’t “gg” often and manners in streamed pro matches are very important.

From all the 20+ years I’ve been gaming it’s always been good practice to type GG. Win or lose. Now how the other party is going to react is always a variable.

Typically if I want to be polite if losing I can say ‘gg’ then insta quit, no need to wait for a reply gg. But on ladder without any chat may not say anything on start and end, like if we glhf-ed the losing one can say also gg but if no chat at all, then no need.

in games when it’s 8vs3, or the timer is about to over 1.5h, I like to type ez, either as for the enemy team to give up because their terrible, or to troll people if enemy team is stacked but your team gets the win condition. gg is very sc, at the start to say you won;t win, or at the end when you give up. funny how sc2 is like that…forcing you to give up.

The dudes a ******
It’s customary for the one surrendering to GG, not the other way around. He’s the BM sh1t.