Destiny 2 Email

Did anyone else get an email from Blizzard about Destiny 2 switching platforms? Never heard of this game, never played it, never bought it. Kinda weird. It seems like it is either phishing or someone at Blizzard clicked reply all by accident:-)

Destiny 2 is made by a developer/company called ‘Bungie’, according to Google. I expect it’s an error made by someone who was forwarding it to someone else. I did not get this email myself.

Bungie made Destiny, Bungie is owned by Activision, Activision owns Blizzard, Blizzard displays partner games on the launcher.

You apparently don’t run the launcher to access SC2, so you wouldn’t see any of that.

1 Like

Wrong forum. General chat seems more appropriate.

Im sorry I’m afraid of the general chat/forum but I probably should have posted it there, also I always forget that SC2 isn’t just coop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you must be a fluke I will ignore it.

1 Like

Activision never owned Bungie; they had a publishing partnership which Bungie decided to terminate because Activision didn’t want to play nice and took the Destiny franchise with them.

If only Blizzard could do the same thing…

1 Like

Bungie left Activision last year. That’s why the PC port of D2 is being transfered from Bliz to Steam.

Thus D2 hasn’t been on the launcher for some time, at least not the beta version (I haven’t look at the regular version in years).

Indeed, the deadline to transfer the license to Steam is coming up and these emails are just reminders. There are reports of people getting these emails despite having never touched D2. The theories as why are 1) it’s going out to the wrong people by mistake, or 2) because D2 was given away free to all starting around Blizzcon 2018, there are hidden D2 flags on people’s Bnet accounts, even though they never downloaded/played it, that the system is detecting.

Blizzard is owned by “Activision Blizzard”, their parent holding/equity company. Activision Blizzard owns several subsidiaries which includes Activision, the publishing company. That makes Blizzard and Activision lateral fanchises (under the Activision Blizzard parent). So Blizzard can’t leave Activision simply because they’re not under them. Bliz could possibly leave Activision Blizzard but that would mean separating from their financial backer.

1 Like

I am aware of that. I just wish the merger never happened.

That’s understandable. But even before the merger, Blizzard wasn’t independent. They were owned by Vivendi (and D&A before that) much in the same way they are owned by ATVI now.

1 Like

i got it myself but, not on this account. i got it on my secondary account however.