Dead vs. alive commanders

I found it quite interesting: in order to launch three last commanders Blizz had to change co-op storyline and make all mode “non-canoncial”, “alternative timeline” etc. But I think the reason we received those commanders is different - they’re just better known and potentially more profitable, than three others - still alive, which can be launch without this “alternative timeline” tag. I mean look - Tychus mechanics is actually pretty similar to potential Tosh’s crew of spectres - every character with unique abilites, enforced by terrazine. Collecting artifacts and using xelnaga enforced units matches Rohanna perfectly. And Dominium arsenal and all Mengsk ideas can match Valerian even better (“Oh noes, nuclear bombs… Please, forgive me…” XD ).

No problems with dead characters.

But less money, I’m afraid.

What do you think?

1 Like

I know they went non-canon from the get-go, long before The last 3 were released. Now whether or not they knew the long game would end with those 3… that’s a “conspiracy theory” I wouldn’t mind exploring.

If nothing else, non-canon helps with having everybody work together since not everyone did in the campaigns.

Kerrigan and Mengsk working together. Can’t think of a more lore violating commander combo.