Data shows Zerg is Overpowered

Blizzard I am not going to talk about qualitative issues since everyone has his own opinion, just want you to show you some data:
Major tournaments 2020: Out of 9 tournaments (last one being DH SC2 Masters 2020 Summer: Season Finals), Zerg won 6 (Reynor 2, Rogue 2, Serral 1), Terran 2 (TY and Maru), and Protoss 1 (Neeb).
Major tournaments 2019: Out of 17, Zerg won 11 (Serral 4, Dark 3, Reynor 2, Rogue 1, SoO 1), Terran 3 (Innovation 2, Maru 1), and Protoss 3 (Stats, Classic, Neeb).
The problem will come when every player that wants to earn some money knows he has to be Zerg, so there will be just ZvZ matches, and starcraft will lose its appeal.
Is not a coincidence that everyone talks about this, act now while you can change things.
Regards,

11 Likes

current problem is serral and its hard counter reynor which are strong in eu and also have Korean lvl
Heromarine or clem are also good. just look at ESL Open Cups that loses reynor too.

6 Likes

Serral is more OP than Zergs, imo.

6 Likes

btw ESL- Open-Cup EU:
Medals won per Race:
Race | frist | second | total
Terra | 21 | 11 | 32
toss | 7 | 17 | 24
Zerg | 5 | 5 | 10

KR: is toss > zerg > Terra
AM: mix

zerg is just OP as hell remeber when flash/maru and such did well that argument you jsut used dosnt work

1 Like

Serral: Zergs are trash
Forum: Zergs are overpowered, they need a nerf!
Serral: Am i a joke to you?

2 Likes

yes he is a joke remeber when Serral claimed Zergs where OP as hell and the forums Laughed at him?

2 Likes

That’s because zergs outplay them in tournaments.

2 Likes

“Data”… LOL

I feel like this forum is full of 5th graders who have no idea how statistics work

4 Likes

Serral never said that, you just have reading comprehension issues.

This year Serral said mech is OP and Rogue said Protoss is OP.

2 Likes

why would anyone on the forums care about data?

I’m surprised Blizzard isn’t beating down doors chasing around the forum balance experts begging them to work for them

I mean at least they could use your ideas because your are practically giving away the genius thoughts for free.

Don’t throw pearls to swine, take your genius and build us a better RTS and make yourself a ton of money. You definitely shouldn’t post anymore on the forums because you wasting your talents.

2 Likes

Zerg is only overpowered if you are in the top 16.
Below that, Protoss and Terran are completely broken, which is why Zerg needs to be heavily buffed.

3 Likes

people have been taking this “data” and proving all sorts of things lately… CRAZY.

“Zerg is overpowered. Because 5 players can win.”

Aka

“Airplanes cannot fly. Because 5 airplanes crashed.”

3 Likes

Poster does not prove point. When his argument is fallacy… Lamborghini exists so zerg is op is total nonsense… premise must support conclusion… if it does not then nothing was proven except they are speakers of nonsense…

dood, your points make even less sense… stop trying to prove one thing is op vs another… just play the game… good lord you people…

http://aligulac.com/misc/balance/
PvZ: 50.97%
TvZ: 48.44%

That’s incredibly balanced. Just because you personally struggle in XvZ doesn’t mean it’s actually imba. At the highest levels results show Zerg is perfectly fine. You can’t just look at who wins tournaments. You have to look at how the matchups are actually doing; and for XvZ matchups they’re doing near perfect.

2 Likes

Serral said such a thing some years ago truth be told. you need to understand history before you state such a thing.

1 Like

Is it 48.44% PvT with gold protoss vs gm terran, or gm protoss vs gold terran?