Custom map, how do I get more than 8 players enabled?

Hi there, been a while, but recently dug out the old SC2 shortcut, and started playing again.

Now, I’m really old, and cannot hope to play multiplayer, but still enjoy custom maps setup the way I want them.

Recently (read as “TODAY”), I updated an old favorite map, and decided to try out all 14 players in a game, but I seem to be stuck with just 8 players no matter what.

Is this due to making the lobby using melee settings instead of something else, or what?

Any help would be great, and thanks in advance.

1 Like

The map has to have the spawn points for the extra players. Your obviously playing one that only allows 8, infact i dont think i seen a single map go more than ten.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is a [screen shot] of the custom map I am playing. I just added the other 6 starting positions, giving a total of 14. Unfortunately, the game lobby still only let’s me place 8 computer opponents in those 14 slots.

Looks like I cannot show the screen shot, nor use a link to it. Strange.

you gotta post the link so that it doesnt look like a link

I got it to load up 12 opponents, after figuring out how to go into the editor and make that happen, but even with all 14 players set active, still just 12 working. Better than nothing, lol.

Is there a discord for SC2 editors to meet up and help out with?

I got my game/map to allow 12 out of 14 players today, but still no luck with the last two player start positions actually being able to be filled in game. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Also, when I went and tried to follow the link to the rules, I got something other than the rules. :grinning:

As a short term fix, I’m thinking to just make 12 start positions, and then at least I’ll know where folks have to be at game start, rather than having some empty start locations.

Anyone able to get the melee games to work with all 14 possible players, rather than just using all 14 positions?

1 Like