Custom games not working atm

anyone else having trouble?

it just endlessly loads and i cant even close the game or minimize it… just started happening tonight it never happened before

2 Likes

it freezes the moment i switch to it, thought i was gonna have to reinstall

1 Like

Yep. It’s happening to a number of people, unfortunately. Happening to me too.

1 Like

Started for me about an hour ago. Entire game works perfectly until selecting the Custom Games menu. Scanned/repaired without issues, all drivers are up to date, restarted PC.

Best guess: Someone/group is opening as many lobbies as possible to crash the game :frowning:

1 Like

I love how this starts right when I get home from work… unfkin real.

1 Like

I should have come here first before trying to reinstall the game. Got scared!

1 Like

This isn’t region specific either, tried Europe and same thing.

1 Like

It will eventually unfreeze. Someone is messing with the servers.

OK FIRST OFF AND MOST IMPORTANTLY STEER CLEAR OF SC2 ARCADE ALLTOGETHER. Without giving away too much info to those who would make this worse trust me on that at least. This vulnerability goes deep.

secondly its not just “someone messing with servers” its a lot more intricate then that. Forgive my lack of proper understanding of the terms here but heres what we have figured out as a community.

Many people are well aware of the “Review bomb” a year or so back that was CTD’ing people when looking at reviews for a time. This is essentially the same exploit in a different format and much more dangerous. The maps all are referencing exterior invalid internet domains leading to SC2 long load times to anyone viewing custom game lobbies(that goes for ANYTHING WHICH LOADS MAP NAMES!) . Which is why to some extent the workaround talks about blocking these IP’s. The only way around this is getting blizzards attention most likely.

The people responsible for this are sick, to what extent does being told “stop trolling our map” leads you to bugging an entire game so nobody can play at all. Not even people who ever associated with that map are now affected by this.

2 Likes

I will not launch SC2 until there is official statement and patch from Blizzard. Be aware that this attack may potentially infect your computer. We had custom lobbies problem on EU as well month ago. Stay away from SC2 at least for awhile. Just friendly advice.

1 Like

I uninstalled it just now. Blizzard/Microsoft has left us in the dark, and sending a support ticket is a pain since it just tells you to check out the forums.

Its a shame it had to come to this