Custom games not loading

Hackers are at play here, its not you.

just hit campaign tab then to the right of it says custom, tap arcade and you can host lobbies

5 Likes

Oh wow nice, thank you, that works.

Huge thanks! Also seeing that this is by some user “High Voltage” salty over something to do with “parasite”. I have no clue, just what I’m reading in the Arcade chat.

Parasite is a custom map and while sadly, an amazing map of deception, its bred the worst of trolls, to the point where they hack to circumvent, apparently.

Want to add to what another user said earlier

If you get into a custom game using his method, you have to open task manager and cancel the sc2 exe if you are going to leave, otherwise upon leaving the same hard freeze will occur.

Temporary fix here Custom Games not loading Temp Fix

1 Like

Good to hear I’m not alone. What worked for me to close the game because it basically freezes everything, press ctrl+shift+esc to open task manager then win+tab and open a second desktop, drag the task manager to the 2nd desktop and then use task manager from the 2nd desktop to close starcraft.

This is for windows 11, idk if it works for others

2 Likes

This has started for me now too. The host file ‘fix’ doesnt work. How has Blizzard not fixed this yet??

I started having this problem this morning. Last night everything was fine. I was able to get into a game and right after it was done. it froze

This worked for me:
click campaign → custom → arcade

was able to play one game, and then it froze after the game in lobby

1 Like

It works !!
Love you ~

Same problem here, if you uninstall and install you can play 1 game, but after that the problem appears again.

It’s a known issue. Malicious in nature, takes time.

Ran into same issues. Custom games page doesn’t load, and I can’t evne close SC2 client. I have to log out of my user session on Windows to get control back. Task manager doesn’t help me out.

This is still happening. Loading open lobbies because of this rogue code results in freezing. Come on Blizzard…

I modified my host file and still nothing.

disable web client service and should be fine

Any new Updates on the fix for this. I am still not able to play any Custom games. Is Blizzard working to try to fix this or is it just something that is abandoned?

2 Likes

So, this problem seems to have been going on since March 11th and as of now, no fix? Either it’s a major problem that Blizzard can’t figure out or they’re just ignoring the issue. Either way, its poor customer service. I hope for their sakes they fix this issue soon.

There is a work around for the freezes. See here:

It’s not always as black and white as people think, especially those on the outside.

As for a fix, that’s not known. There’s been no communication about it. As for abandoned, thankfully no. What’s been observed so far is Bliz actioning those who make/host the exploited maps, and deleting the maps off the service.

This doesn’t fix the root cause, however it shows that Bliz is trying alleviate the problem where they can.