Current 1v1 Map pool - Favorites / Least Favs?

Hello all, just curious to hear your opinions on the latest map pool for 1v1 “melee” ladder

I really think they’re gorgeous looking for the most part but I haven’t played enough to really give a fair judgement at all. I really like Babylons look and so far I haven’t found any that I really dislike but I will post more when I have more experience on these maps.

please let me know your thoughts on them for example how you feel as a Terran/zerg/protoss player playing against another race in certain maps i.e. maybe you find that a particular map makes it hard for your race to win vs a specific race i.e. that map might be imbalanced or it may have really strong siege tank positions

let me know what you have discovered as well like are there any weird spots where reapers can jump up and “hide”, I remember in 2021 if I’m not mistaken there was a map like that, it might have been glittering ashes.

Hello please I’d love to hear some stories or anything really!

No one on these forums plays SC2, they just complain about patch notes, pro players, streamers, and whichever race they remember losing to however many months ago they refreshed their league placement. Neohumanity sucks, others are okay. As usual more and more Zerg favored each time with bigger and more wide open maps and of course the stipulated terrain features to hide overlords and provide passive supply scouting.

1 Like

The map pool is finally not a reskinned clone and actually has unique features from map to map. Altitude is my favourite in tvp and tvt against mech players because if they step out on the map it’s really easy to get a surround. I save my 2 base all-ins in TvZ for dragonscale, neohumanity and Babylon. Gresvan is the best map to go split map against Z and it’s drop central in tvp/tvt.

If you really think about it neohumanity is the evolution of Metalopolis so that was a nice throwback.

My biggest gripe is there’s always so little air space for medivacs between bases. I blame Nathanias for that, now we rarely ever see liberator range rush builds.

1 Like

This is the best map pool we’ve had in years, there’s no maps that force you to fundamentally alter your playstyle, just slight pros/cons. The rocks are placed in places you’d actually want to break to open up new attack paths, except for the ones on altitude where you have to kill them twice to unlock the gold base, that’s cringe af. Other than that neohumanity is a little annoying cause I keep losing units in the slow zone on retreat, but I guess that’s what I get for abusing the speed zones on deathaura… Royal blood probably my fav atm.

All in all very good map pool.

1 Like