Criminals uploading malware via the Arcade Lobby

Not that I’m going to sue you. I can reformat my computer and have the community communications on the subject forensically backed up in the event that something really negative came from the garbage their flooding our computers with that put me in legal jeopardy.

But someone will.

Better fix this fast for your own sake. Btw, they can capture our IP addresses as well.

In the meantime, for those that want to avoid the malware attack.

Go to your Match History. Click on a game that you won or lost in match history for the map you want.

Next to the total time elasped in the top left, there is a small cog. Click it and then click map info. Then in the bottom right you get the option of “Create Lobby” or “Auto-join.” Once in lobby, you can get the game-link and put in arcade global chat.

Edit: Also sick of people in reddit saying this isn’t a criminal act.

It is criminal act to invade, infect or disable other people’s computers without their consent.

If I went to prison for selling white powder to a few rich middle aged white men on the North Shore of Long Island (which is a consensual act between me and adults), he can go to prison for a non-consensual assault of hundreds of thousands people’s property (your computer is your property).

“Oh he’s just abusing a security vulnerability,” which is like saying “The tech-guy left your front door open after cleaning your computer, so I walked in and hit it with a sledgehammer, so it’s the tech guy’s fault.”

Throw the book at him.

If he’s willing to harm hundreds of thousands of non-consenting people over a balance change to their favorite custom map, what do you think he’d do if something personally sleight him.

I would however, like to submit my claim to sue the offender for loss and destruction of my data in Excel and Googles Docs that I was working on, due to being forced to pull the plug on my computer.

I will be sending Certified Return Receipt mail to Blizzard HQ for the identity of this offender. I’ll sue the offender myself, you don’t have to get involved. I’m sick of this crime being treated and diminished as ``trolling."

It’s crime and a mass invasion and a mass destruction of property against tens of thousands of individuals, some of which are under the age of 18.

Wait so you replied to yourself to say that you didn’t lose data because of downloaded malware. But because you immediately jumped to yanking the power because sc2 froze? Seems a bit overreactive. Is that how you handle all application freezes? And ironically you yanked the power to prevent damage… that you didn’t even know was happening or not happening… and in the process caused your own damage? Im not saying the issue isnt real… but your story doesn’t add up.

And please, try to get blizzard to tell you whos doing all this on your own. Ill put $5 on the fact that the data you yourself killed isnt nearly worth the tens or thousands of dollars it will take (if its a quick case) to fund a criminal lawsuit. By the way, having attempted a suit in my time, you have to pay up front, you dont get to just say that youll pay afterwards. I hope youre rich.

And “mass destruction of propery against tens of thousands of individuals”?.. lol. Who? You? Okay, one so far. Know what, nevermind, no firm is going to take you seriously with that blathering.

Don’t implicate yourself in the crime. You are being very defensive.

Why do you enjoy attacking innocent people.

And unfortunately for you, I will sue you for amazing amount of one dollar just to drag you through a courtroom and have you made an example of. I’m sick of all these DDoS and malware attacks going virtually unpunished.

Questioning your story is implicating oneself? Or is defensive? Innocent people? You mean the people running wild with dubious claims and fearmongering? Those “innocent” people? What will your types think of next when faced with criticism?

And oohh noooo. Unfortunately for me, huh? The reason no one will be a slightest bit worried is you wont find anyone to take your $1 case on. Are you new to this whole suing thing? Because you dont seem to understand the basics, despite all the big, bad talk. Well, anyway, ill be waiting for the subpoena.

As for ddos, your statement on them shows you dont understand those either

You don’t need anyone for a civil case. Most civil cases are pro se on both sides. Google “small claims court.”

There’s no “questioning the story.” There are copious accounts of this person attacking other people’s computers through the Starcraft 2 Lobby, forcing people to shutdown their computers to recover from his attack (or, based on how you’re behaving, from your attack).