Coop - random commander

i’ve played sc2 off and on since launch what 12 years ago? coops been here for what 6 or 7 years now too?
why is there no bonus for random commander? i rarely have time to play as much as i did a decade ago, and ive lost count how many brutal matches i’ve won with random commander, random map, mutations etc.

seems like an extra little exp chunk would help speed the process up.

to be clear all my commanders are max prestige unlocked and im sitting around 730 ish ascension level. i just want to finish ascension stuff before i die.

2 Likes

The main reason Random Mission gives XP bonus is to help facilitate matchmaking. Even if one player chose that, that greatly ups the odds of getting a game going. Random CO provides only a very slight benefit (if anything beyond a “rounding error”). Since there are 18 COs and both must be different, but the Mission must be the same, the bottleneck’s in the Mission.

And if they really wanted to help out with leveling up, they would bring back XP boosts.

As for you getting to 1K, I’d say consider switching to Brutal+ (aka “Brutal+1”). You can get 60K to 66K XP, but still get in games via random queue/matchmaking. You also won’t get Commanders who haven’t leveled up to mastery yet (as that requires forming a party). Adding 1 to 3 mutators spices up game play enough to break the monotony of it all (at lv730, you’ve been at it for awhile!)