I am having an issue with this achievement on the Moebius Factor campaign mission. The tooltip states we only have to beat it on normal while only training SCVs, Medivacs, and Mercenaries. I have beat this 15+ times on a new campaign fulfilling those requirements in different ways. I have tried:
- Meeting that requirement but building buildings for supply, etc…
- Not building anything at all (completing mission with only what I start with and the rescued units… no buildings, no units, no upgrades were built and no minerals/gas mined)
- Not killing any zerg with anything except mercs / rescued units (moving the 4 normal marines we get in the beginning to a corner and leaving them there)
- Beating the mission with only rescued units and not losing any units while not building anything
- Beating the mission with only SCVs, Medivacs, Mercs and destroying the zerg base prior to completing the mission, and also killing all buildings I can find on the map
- Beating on brutal with only SCVs, Medivacs, Mercs and rescued units
- Killing and not killing the brutalisk for most of what I stated above
- Using only rescued units, SCVs, Medivacs and map-hopping to kill buildings Kerrigan is searching so she doesn’t complete a search on any buildings.
Nothing I have done has given me the achievement.
This achievement is broken. Please fix it.
I can confirm it isn’t the AI building units that is breaking this. After many attempts and my quickest completion being 3:44 (by the time the NPC chatter ends)… I started to notice patterns with how the Hatcheries started building units. I figured out it isn’t time (as no matter how quick or slow I got to the last building, there was always an egg-qued by the time i got there)… but sometimes with my suicide-runs they wouldn’t start an egg until I defended my trooops, and that is when I learned it isn’t proximity that makes the hatcheries hatch eggs. The AI creates units when you attack enemy units or enemy buildings near the hatchery. Before I learned this, I tried (successfully) killing all the eggs before they hatched but I still did not get the achievement.
The first two buildings you can kill far enough from hatcheries that it doesn’t bother them… so i will ignore speaking on them.
For the 3rd building I took my full-force to the last building (instead of splitting my army 3-ways to speed-beat this)… I move-commanded my army to the building (losing plenty of forces on the way), attack command the building, link-move-command away from the building (to avoid them auto-attacking the zerg)… and flew my medivacs over the hatchery as the map was completing (for vision to ensure no eggs were made)… I completed the map successfully preventing the AI from building any units (and lost everything except my command center in the process)… and still no achievement… I did this without building any units, without mining minerals, and only using the units the map provides us with.
So… I’ve given up on trying to find a loophole in the system to obtain this achievement as I’m out of ideas. Guess we just have to wait for Blizzard to fix their mistake.