Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Disintegration Doctrine:
After 7-8 tries, I finally got it to drop! As described above, I killed an enemy unit at the very end and this seems to have triggered the achievement.

Here’s what I did:

1. cleared out all of the enemy structures (duh!) except the shards in front of Narud
  2. killed all the flying units hidden in the fog of war at the 1 and 11 o’clock positions (all carriers, ravens, etc)
  3. right after the final 3 shards are destroyed, you will notice an enemy medivac next to Narud, quickly kill it, but make sure you kill it only AFTER all shards have been destroyed - this somehow causes a trigger to be checked (as was seen in other posts above)

Note: I verified this with a save game right at the end, loaded save, didn’t kill the medivac, no achievement. Reloaded exact same save, killed the medivac, achievement dropped.

Well i go with confirmed guardian shell, and yet lost 11 units which i missed even i try to not lock unit with passive so not sure if this one is legal to hit or them just died… ofc achievement granted.
Biggest pain for me was “Contract Saviors” ; “Warp Incomplete” and “Disintegration Doctrine” done before fix and to be honest it more satisfying now. this required “something” ^^
Not mentioning stupid miss lead “Raszagal’s Retribution”

Nova: “One Shot - One Opportunity” Kill 50 Units with a single nuke

Creator did it on normal using hellions to pull 2x spawns with hellions together for a nuke - and use 3x Ravens for healing.

Hey guys, I came to comment on how I got the Disintegration Doctrine achievement
At first I made sure I killed every structure and then dealt the final blow to narud, but didn’t get it
After that, I tried with killing one unit on the last second, but still nothing
Then, when I loaded the saved game I notice something, since on the minimap, there are many allies surrounding narud, I didn’t notice that he tends to summon a structure if there aren’t any around him
Finally (even killing that spawned structure didn’t gave me the achievement), there are 3 things I noticed when I finally got it that I believe could lead to get it:

1. You need to keep some units close (to your allies) in case narud start summoning structures, but far enough so they don’t kill narud
  2. Killing one unit on the last moments of the mission
  3. Around 27 min (don’t know exactly the timming, sorry) narud spawns a void thrasher and starts speaking, only after that is triggered (along with every other step I mentioned before) I ended up with the achievement

Hope this info is usefull

Fill 'er Up (Enemy Intelligence)

Nova: Rangefinder/Jumpsuit/Pulse Grenade/Sniper
Marines: LaserTarget, Reaper:Mines; Marauder:Stim, SiegeTank: Jump Jet; Hellbat:

Start:

• Build 2x Marines in the existing Baracks
  • Build 2x Baracks
  • Queue a SVC
  • Jump Tank on the edge top right and siege

After 2x Marines build 3x TechLabs on Barracks
Keep Queuing SCV´s, Build a Refinery - Send SCV to Refinery
Build 6x Reapers

Meanwhile

1. Take all units South/East Kill structures - Tank with Nova…
  2. Down the Stairs to the north - keep west, kill hatchery, Snipe Investor n.o. Hatchery, Clean up, Deposit 6x Marines in the north
  3. Nova+2 Marauders back to the stairs kill Reaper Spot - avoid east mobs
  • Have 150 Mineral/Gas for second Nuke – Must be built before Nova´s Nuke is ready
  • Build 6x Marines
  1. Nuke south eastern terrace - Deposit 6x Maries
  • built 6x Reapers, 1x Marauder
  • Maybe 2nd tank, other units
  1. Move Nova+Marauders West - You can clear the Reaper point from the bridge - Deposit Reapers
  2. Move Tank to western high point above terrace (triggers worms, walking down does as well), Nuke or clear manually, deposit 3x Marauders
1 Like

This is quidance for achiv on brutal diff??
Btw about “Disintegration Doctrine” i tryed first with voids and them clear pretty well but narud got this splash which kill them easly and their dps isn’t high so i switch to immortals main dps + meat stalkers time 26:56 i been thinking to try colossus also. so maybe it could go faster…

I think I’ve found what the problem is with Expert Phase Smith, Master Templar.
Apparently Solar Lance, Deploy Talandar and Orbital Strike count as units.
Which means using any of them makes the achievement not pop.

2 Likes

Oh yeah the One Shot, One Opportunity Achievement is easiest on Brutal funny enough. Just wait for Reigel to announce the attack wave and time the nuke to hit the wave when they’re passing through an enemy camp.

Having completed basically all the 10th Anniversary Achievements now, I’d argue the trickiest one of all was probably Curiosity Killed the Zergling one in the 2nd Nova mission. Not so much because it’s hard per se, but rather that it’s barely even possible to accomplish in reality. You effectively have 20 minutes to kill 200 units with mines, but you can only build reapers off a single gas and you have no way to replenish mines otherwise. Furthermore you can’t manually target enemies with mines, they just go for whatever comes close to them, and annoyingly their AI seems to prioritize big targets like Ultras and Defilers over clumps of ling/bane/hydra

I managed to complete it eventually after a lot of saving and loading while trying to maximize mine hit efficiency on some waves, but really I think it’d be more fair if the target limit was lowered from 200 to 150 or something. First of all you pretty much have to play on Brutal or there literally aren’t enough enemies on the map for you to kill before the scenario ends, but even then it’s barely even possible to reach that number with your limited resources. You need to play pretty much perfectly and even then you’re still largely reliant on luck in regards to where exactly the mine hits go

You can take the friendly 2 gases, it’s really not that hard.

What, like destroying your own allies refineries and CC and replacing them? Lol

Okay I would never even have considered that but yeah fair enough, that would probably let you have three times as many reapers. Should be pretty easy in that case. Somehow I doubt that’s what the devs really intended for you to do though xd

I didn’t even think to take the CC, I just took the gases and built my own CC nearby.

Does Reaper Spider Mines damage on Nova missions scale with Infantry damage upgrades? (The research is worth 2x Reapers, but later units are a tick more beefy).

Don’t worry, i didn’t think either about to kill ally CC xD Not even thought to make second one at all i just did 9 SCV to gather from #2. I made it on hard since on normal was literally to small units(before i took second gas and was unprepared for last waves) at least for me i even tried with nydus worms but them move out 1 by 1 instead groups :frowning: other try was to bunker reapers and place mines on group but it was limited range and also need some time to activate, it wasn’t instant bomb from the sky. So simply i put mines on path them were moving on sides of path so mines hit more targets instead first seen and for finish waves i made mine field at the outpost base(behind bunkers since later was flood with small ones and at front pile to kill tanks and nova role was to take anything else), wasn’t try this on normal but suppose work 2 since the final wave is massive enough on each diff.

I completed all the anniversary achievements now, and once the patch dropped none of them were particularly hard.
So I would agree that kill 200 with mines was the hardest one.

It took me the most tries to get. The ‘magic bullet’ was killing ally gas.
Without that the closet I got was 148 kills.

I tried the warp incomplete before patch about 10 times and just couldn’t get all the warps at the start.
Once that was patched got it on 2nd try. So wasnt hard.

I really enjoyed all the new achievements.
It was great fun playing the campaigns again.

Although they all had great levels, overall WoL is best. (as has been said so many times before)
I think its being able to buy upgrades / spend research points that does it?
I know the other campaigns have similar mechanics, but its never as good.
I like that on WoL I can spend all my money going to upgrade just the units I like, and spend nothing on the ones I dont.
The other campaigns all make you choose 1 upgrade per-unit.

Anyway, good job on the achievements. I liked playing them.

Now just need the starcraft2.com website to actually show them too :expressionless:

Still can´t get that “disintegration doctrine”
…have tried everything. When is Blizz gonna patch?

have done most the Achievements now and still disintegration doctrine seems to be the one thats bugged the most for me, Ive done all the requirements 10 times now and still not getting this achievement even tried doing all the things which is mentioned and still nothing

The patch feels like a last minute thing they did for the 10th anniversary, because most of the issues are little errors that are clearly due to a lack of testing. I mean if you just tried to do once the Contract Savior achievements for example you’d realize you couldn’t get it, check it, then correct the missing tag triggering a failure as soon as the Zerg made a unit and voila…

Although one thing I should clear on that is the “no testing policy, let the client do it for free and give us feedback then correct it later” isn’t really the devs fault. If you don’t get allocated the time needed to do things properly, can’t blame them.
And it’s an issue spread around A LOT of tech companies too, if the client is still buying the product and reporting the issues, why would you pay employees when you can get the job done for free.
It’s a losing long term game but a profitable short term strategy…

2 Likes

Guys, I tried in every way to take the achievment of the mission with Carriers, but still nothing… I don’t know what to do…

1 Like

As someone said above, you can’t use orbital strike, solar lance, or deploy fenix, try to bring support abilities like shield overcharge or preferably reconstruction beam. Mass carrier is the best strategy and with some minor pullback micro you can basically just a move the mission. I used the starting mirages and like 6 dragoons plus 2 batteries to fend off the attack waves with no chance of losses. Can also confirm that you can destroy the stasis cells, contrary to what some people said above.

1 Like